PDA

View Full Version : Total training for AE 6.5

matthewd5
07-22-2004, 03:13 AM
well i have a ton of books on after effects but i got the sample dvd from total training when i upgraded to premiere pro 1.5 and it looked awfully good so i took the plunge and splurged on their combo dvd set with the complete training for After Effects 6.5

i'll post some feedback after i go through the first dvd.

matthew

DC
07-22-2004, 06:46 PM
It's funny you mention that. *I've recently been eyeing that tutorial for purchase. *15 DVD's or something, right? *Anyway, please let me know your thoughts after you go through some of it.

Oh, and could you recommend some good books on AE 6.5 Pro?

Thanks,

-DC-

matthewd5
08-12-2004, 09:04 AM
well i've had the after effects total training set for almost a month now and its great!

i do an hour or so, sometimes i just watch their tutorial once through before i try to recreate it.

then i play with the newfound feature for a while before i tackle another tutorial.

in all its a wonderful set and it is put together in a way that works quite well for me.

i have a bunch of after effect books but for whatever reason i find it easier to follow along with a dvd than to hold the book open and try to work through their steps.

i'll probably pickup the books once i've learned the stuff on the dvd's

matthew

DC
08-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Hehehe, cool! While waiting for your response, I just went ahead and ordered it! Got it almost a week ago and it's awesome!

-DC-

matthewd5
08-12-2004, 08:05 PM
its funny i was so intimidated by after effects, i only really got it because it came in the video collection, but since getting the total training i went and got the after effects standard-> pro upgrade and they let me upgrade my after effects total training set to the pro one for $100

matthew