PDA

View Full Version : Trial Rendering?

monte
09-23-2004, 03:11 PM
I recently downloaded the trial version of AE off of adobes site. I color corrected a few things in a little segment. Problem is, when I render it as an AVI, at the very highest quality and everything, it comes out looking like crap, ive tried DV stream... no luck.

Everything looks like something a hobo vomited up after a hard days work of collecting cans

I simply want to get back the finished project onto the tape

disjecta
09-23-2004, 03:25 PM
You'll need to give a little bit more information... Did you use the "make movie" option to create the exported file or did you export it directly from the file menu?

If the former, there are a number of options, including the quality of the final render.

Anyway, a little more info might help.

monte
09-23-2004, 05:12 PM
I used the file/export/avi and then set the video quality to the highest. It then would render, and the final product that comes out is fit for web, hah, i am retarded to the twelfth degree, there was a bit of compression going on in a hidden side panel...

I feel like a small retarded squirrel/rabbit

Is there a tutorial i can get linkage to about color correction in AE?

TC
09-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Maybe you can't render full quality in the trial version?

disjecta
09-23-2004, 08:55 PM
There are no limitations on the trial version except time. It will expire in 30 days.

Follow these steps and tell me what happens:

1. Right click on the footage in the project window and choose Interpret Footage. Make sure the settings there are consistent with your file....

2. From the top menu, choose COMPOSITION->Composition Settings. Again, make sure the frame rate, aspect ratio, etc. is consistent with your file type.

3. When you have verified all of that go to the top menu and choose COMPOSITION->Make Movie

4. In the settings window, make sure the render settings is set to Best Settings and make sure *the output module is set to lossless (just for this example)

5. Name your file and choose a location using the "Output to" option.

6. Click render.

Import it into Premiere or whatever NLE you are using. You will probably have to render it in your NLE first because you just exported it as an uncompressed file so your NLE will need to render it to its native file type for preview...Mac-Quicktime, or PC-DV AVI

Let me know what happens...

monte
09-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Perhaps i wasn't clear in the last post... but I fixed it, hehe

It was compressing without my expressed written consent, but oh well, I showed the un-color corrected project today, and it went over VERY VERY well...

Much of what was said was something like: "Can i have a copy of that?", and "Perfect, just perfect" etc etc.

So about that color correction tool?

Thanks for all the help so far BTW Dsjecta and Co.