PDA

View Full Version : AE Exporting Problems ( .mov )

Takhisos
10-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Hi all, i'm new to the game, and the forum, so nice to meet you...

Ok, my problem is this, I've just recently purchased Adobe After Effects 6.0 Classroom in a Book and have succesfully completed the first tutorial, but now I come to render it and i've stumbled across a few problems.

I've been told to add the clip to the render que ( Composition > Add to Render Queue ) and export it as a .mov with various settings, thing is, when I come to this part I can't seem to find the option to export as .mov, and its default on .avi

I can export the movie as .mov via File > Export > Quicktime though, but this doesn't seem have the options and settings that I need.

I know its not that much of a problem but it'd be handy if I could get it fixed, then I can follow the book correctly. :)

`Thanks for any help you can give.`

Rob.

kecorcoran
10-13-2004, 12:01 PM
It should be there. When your project is in the Render Queue, click next to "Output Module." The Output Module Settings dialog should appear. The very first drop-down list is labelled "Format" If you click here, you should be able to choose "Quicktime Movie" from the various output formats.

Is the version you are using some kind of demo version that came with a book? I guess some things could be left out but that would be a strange one.

Also, do you have QuickTime installed on your system?