PDA

View Full Version : premiere pro or premiere old?

10-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Yo everybody!

What's the difference between the pro version of Premiere and the older versions? Is Premiere moving their line exclusively to the pro version or will they run as two seperate applications.

I tried a copy of Pro on my 2ghz 500mb computer and found it odd, bloated, big, and clumpy where as the previous versions seemed streamlined. Might be a settings issue but still, it took forever to do things because of, I assume, the fancier interface.

Anyway, the question is: Why should I buy premiere pro???

chris

TC
10-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro just has a lot more features, and it streamlines much better with the rest of the Adobe apps. I'm also a big fan of classic Premiere, and I miss A/B editing, but once you get used to it, it's good.

hawks66
11-02-2004, 12:20 AM
i would stick with premiere old. as pro crashes constantly on a dual processor 1gig of ram workstation i have, and even another workstation with 2gigs of ram. it hangs. and even when it does crash, it doesnt go away and let you start over. Ultra lame.

Rich Lee
11-02-2004, 07:28 AM
i havnt had a whole lot of problems with premiere pro crashing. i do think its animproment over the old one. for one, you can have multiple sequences. it can also work with 24pa.

kecorcoran
11-03-2004, 06:49 PM
you can have multiple sequences. it can also work with 24pa.

I love the nested sequences. I do every scene in its own sequence, and drag those sequences into a master sequence for the whole project.

Also wanted to point out if you want to edit in 24p, you need to use PPro 1.5, buggy though it may be.

(I guess you can also do 24p in older Premiere versions with something like DVFilm Maker software to convert the footage.)