PDA

View Full Version : need to generate random dots...

jmproductions13
11-08-2004, 01:32 PM
can someone please help me? for a project im working on, i have to create a bunch of random dots to overlay onto an image of a city that will randomly disappear (to simulate lights turning off across a city). how can i do this without drawing and animating each individual dot? thanks!

hawks66
11-08-2004, 04:04 PM
is the city a video or still image?

if its a still image, cut out all the windows in photo shop and save as a psd file, import only that one layer. then put a layer of yellow underneith it, use venitian blinds transition and the lights will turn off randomly

duplicate your yellow solid layer and rotate 90 degrees and tell it to matte the 1st yellow solid layer so the lights turn out in random order intead of vertical lines.

this is my guess. give it a try dude.

jmproductions13
11-08-2004, 06:44 PM
well.. its an overhead shot of a city and it sorta zooms out. i dont think that sort of technique world work, but thanks though

hawks66
11-09-2004, 12:09 AM
well are all the lights a distinct and separate color. you can select just the (yellow) or whatever color and have it slowly fade to black? since its moving you'll have to use some sort of method like this.