PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

DVX100Shooter
12-10-2004, 08:03 PM
I finally loaded AE onto my G5 yesterday. When I open AE, I only see the top menu and then a small window on the left side of the screen and a couple of windows on the right side of the screen. The entire middle section of the screen is my desktop screen. I have not attempted to import video into AE yet. I just thought that when I opened AE up that that program would take up the whole screen like FCP does.

Also is there a DEMO of things I can do with AE within the software somewhere? Or do I have to do a google search to see that?

MohdRidhwan
12-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Make a new comp. It will shows the monitor and timeline. That whats I did.

Its a tutorial.
www.creativecow.com
www.aefreemart.com
www.properganda-web.com

DVX100Shooter
12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
whats up with the creativecow site. I clicked on it and took me to some Library system website. I have been on the C.Cow site in the past and never saw that before.

MohdRidhwan
12-10-2004, 11:38 PM
www.creativecow.net

my bad.

BEENYWEENIES
12-11-2004, 05:21 PM
I finally loaded AE onto my G5 yesterday. When I open AE, I only see the top menu and then a small window on the left side of the screen and a couple of windows on the right side of the screen. The entire middle section of the screen is my desktop screen. I have not attempted to import video into AE yet. I just thought that when I opened AE up that that program would take up the whole screen like FCP does.

AE on the mac is like photoshop, there is no "table top" just the tools and windows. If you create a new comp it will open the timeline and viewer windows. It is a bit odd, especially for me since I use PC's and Macs, going back and forth gets a little weird sometimes.