PDA

View Full Version : quick and dirty tricks

hawks66
11-11-2004, 10:25 AM
here are 3 quick and dirty tricks to make your stuff look better, especially when you are strapped for time. *thanks to kai for hosting the files for me.

each of the 3 project .zip files are located here
http://www.monoviewpictures.com/kiel/
ive used still photos instead of video footage to save space and DL times.

First up
Dream Glow

This is a simple trick where you take the final version of your footage and put it in a new compisition 3 times. *change the top layers blend mode to add and change its opacity to 15-20%
take the second layer and change its blend mode to overlay and make its opacity 10-15%.
and of course the bottom layer is unchanged.

This makes things look more dreamy, glowy, and over all better i think. *click to hide the top 2 layers and you'll see the difference.

whiteFlash,
this is extreamly useful for when you are making some high impact stuff, use this for cuts, impacts, or any kind of contact. it looks great and its super fast. *Take your footage and add a white solid above it, change the solid's transfer mode to classic color dodge. *as soon as it comes into play have its opactiy start at around 3/4 of what your final total will be, *then quickly ramp it up to about 80-90% opacity, then bring it back down to 0 over a second or so.. *Boo ya

Shiny

This is great for logos, *Duplicate your layer, change the mode of the top layer to add, create a mask using the pen tool, feather to taste, and keyframe the shape and slide the mask across teh logo. creates a nice sheen and its super quick and nice. *sure to impress

Hope this helps some beginners to learn teh basics and adds some tools to some more experianced users toolboxes.

ransom
11-16-2004, 05:15 AM
Thanks hawks66, this is most useful for beginners like myself.

Peter_Gaudry
12-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Any chance you could save these for v5.5? I couldn't open them because you had created in a later version. I'd really appreciate it.!

:D

uhrgl
12-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Shiny is a beast. Thanks.