PDA

View Full Version : Another AE music video!!

Caveman
10-29-2004, 08:28 AM
;D *Hey Y'all,
* * Caveman here again with another Entirely AE/DVX music video. *I like posting these types of videos on this board because there is so much After Effects work involved. (and to keep my bandwidth usage down a little) *Anyways ... I'd be glad to hear what everybody thinks.

www.oxidefilms.com/satellites.html

;D CAVEMAN *;D

kai
10-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Another slick vid from the caveman! :)

Love the psuedo-landscape look. Very fun and quirky video. Great stuff man!

<constructive critique> Maybe experiment around with some easing on your keyframe interpolation. That will help smooth out the movement and lend a more fluid viewing experience to your camera moves, object moves, etc... </constructive critique>

Great stuff! 8)

Caveman
10-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks Kai ;D

I get so frustrated with the easy ease of keyframes, especially with the camera moves. I know I must be missing something with that, I never know when to use the easy in or out or plain old easy ease. Unfortunately it messes with the previous keyframes and takes the camera somewhere I don't want it to go. We need a keyframe assistant tutorial !!!

Thanks for the input and kind words - ;D CAVEMAN ;D

Peter_Gaudry
11-01-2004, 06:30 PM
brilliant! Now let me ask a dumb newbie question - did you shoot all of it against a greenscreen?

Caveman
11-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Yep' ... the whole thing was shot against an 11' X 13' green screen. Some of the keys turned out O.K. Alot of the full body shots were real jaggy. I've had goodluck with keylight in the past but about 30 seconds into this video I ended up buying DVgarages DVmattepro which was a life saver for some of the poorly lit shots. I didn't get to spend that much time setting up lighting for each shot ( much to my regret ).

Thanks for your comments - ;D CAVEMAN

Boy
11-06-2004, 08:39 PM
broken link?

Caveman
11-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Sorry about that .....
I just signed a deal with an executive producer and some investors to start a new production company here in Cleveland.
My point being, we changed the name of the company/website.

This one should work ...

www.oxidefilms.com/satellites.html

Thanks - ;D CAVEMAN

awesomesean
11-27-2004, 10:59 PM
That video was great. I am just learning a.e. and cant believe the things you can do. What do you use to edit? I also like that cartoon type video you did a while ago(I think it was you Caveman). What did you use for lighting and were you in a studio or something? I have been messing around with green screen in vegas 5.0 and have had lighting issues. You mentioned dvgarages/dvmatte pro, what do they do.

awesomesean
11-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Oh one more thing. Do you use pc or mac. I know a.e. is powerful in both apps. What is the best a.e. platform?

Caveman
12-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks Awesomesean ;D

I am MAC all the way. I edit with FC 4.5. The other video you mention, for the Vacancies, was shot in my garage entirely with a green screen (like this one). No studio involved. The lighting I use is a real hodge podge of lights. A couple of cheap photoflood 250w, a 500w softbox, a 1000w openface, and my only quality light ... an arri 650w fresnel.
Distance between subject and greenscreen is crucial.
Dvmattepro is a keying program designed specifically for DV footage. It is a lifesaver for poorly lit chroma key shots. I highly recommend it, especially at its $200 pricetag.

Thanks for the kindwords,
;D CAVEMAN

AQUARIUSDUDE
12-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Dude Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TC
12-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Very cool. Like Kai said, it's quirky. It matches the song and theme, I dig.

LAfilmaker
01-03-2005, 04:10 PM
What mode did you shoot in: 24p, 24pa, 30i ??

DBoz699
01-07-2005, 06:59 AM
hey..new to the forum....saw the music video..hotttt...jw cuz I want some design tips...how did u make the landscape and like the grass with the observatory? like actually draw em out? cuz i wanna make a video with those types of style drawings but i dunno how to do them.

eppdidit
01-12-2005, 07:40 PM
where can I find DVgarages DVmattepro and how much does it cost?

eppdidit
01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Do you make all your backgrounds in photoshop?

blckhawk542
01-19-2005, 06:50 AM
heres DVMattepro

http://www.padd.com/market/product/product.php?prod=dvmatteae&sub=testimonials

michaelcorvin
01-23-2005, 05:01 AM
wow, that made me nostalgic for the 80's. great stuff. i feel stupid that i can't remember the classic music video this reminds me of. but it is 5am and i haven't slept in 30 hours. anyone else remember? the lead singer's head is put on a fly's body and he harasses a girl in a bathtub? i'm not insane.