PDA

View Full Version : Rendering

Ubduc
01-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi all
wondering if anyone can help, I have just been finishing off a video in after effects and rendered this on best quality in quick time, when i play the quick time movie on my commi it is stuttering a bit, doe anyone have any clues, do u think it's because my commi can't handle it, it has 512 ram (pc by the way)
any hinters
cheers

kai
01-18-2005, 10:17 AM
what codec did you render it to? uncompressed? Your hard drives might not be fast enough to deliver the bandwidth to play it.

Ubduc
01-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I have tried both mpeg4 and animation settings, I have also tried setting key frames every 50 but only seems to work on every 25,
This has worked although the quality is not the greatest.
oh and it seems to work again in dv pal but again loses a little of the quality.

Kirk Gillock
01-19-2005, 11:56 AM
What speed is your CPU? How many megabytes is the final video? With large files my computer (P4 2.4Ghz, 512mb RAM) will stutter the first time through and then play smoothly the 2nd time.

Ubduc
01-30-2005, 03:57 AM
sry didn;t reply earlier, can't seem to find my CPU, any clues anyone
Seems to have managed to sort out the rendering problem, just had too much footage in after effects for my computer, like yours Gillock, p4 2.5ghz 512 ram, in need of upgrade computer, lol
cheers