PDA

View Full Version : Best to Bring IN

robeditor2003
02-21-2005, 03:28 AM
Question I guys I have some footage that was shoot on film but was transfer to 3/4 tape way back when over 3yrs old ago. I was wondering what is the best way to bring this footage into AE for some repair work.

I capture the video using the video codec in apple, so now i would have to import it to AE do redo the color because it looks like the video tape is fading, also I would need to the full CC job on it. After I'm done what codec should I export out? My final image would be just for website playing or maybe DVD.

Rob

kai
02-21-2005, 06:34 AM
I would avoid using the video codec. Try using DV or uncompressed. After you capture the footage into your system, just import it into AE, do your magic, then render out your final file and you're all set.

robeditor2003
02-21-2005, 04:53 PM
So would you say if I have more video on 3.4 tape I should just bring it in uncompress? If so, then how or what steps should I take to reduce the video noise. "meaning you can see some gray in the black areas.

Can AE fix's that problem & if so what are the steps & do I need any plugins, or do they have any good one's out.

Also i have shake 3 so should I use that.

Rob