PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Clips have no audio when I import files!!!!!

Jlucan
02-15-2005, 06:18 PM
What is happening here??? I import my clips, and there is no audio....but it recognizes the audio because it says 48Hz. What's going on?

BLUESPIDER
02-16-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm not understanding your question all the way. When you playback on your AE timeline, you don't hear any sound? Try hitting the 0 Ins key and see if you hear the sound. You have to preveiw in order to hear sound.

Jlucan
02-16-2005, 09:54 AM
That's the problem, there's no sound at all when I preview it. So I thought if I render and export the clip my problem will be solved but I was wrong......the exported file still doesn't have any audio.

Caveman
02-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Could be how you're exporting your clips. What editing app are you using?
:) CAVEMAN

The_Video_Guy
02-17-2005, 03:59 AM
Could be how you're exporting your clips. What editing app are you using?
:) CAVEMAN

I would say it's more of what are you using to capture your video clips than exporting.... are you sure that you have audio when you play in an NLE like premiere or vegas? If yes then when you import the files in AE when you export make sure you check the box that says export audio and then check the file. After you do that try to open the file in Audition or something else to see if there is a waveform in the avi. No audio is kind of a vague problem.... it could mean you can't hear it, or it's not there or the app is not sending out to your speakers, etc.

Try trouble shooting with those first and then if still no luck let us know.

Jlucan
02-20-2005, 12:01 AM
you couldn't be more right. Those inaudible clips were media studio pro 7 captures. I then imported some priemere pro captures and they work perfect. So you were dead on when you said it was a capture situation. Now the problem is how do I get the audio to play from those media studio pro captures???? Do I have to specify some properties since its from a different program other than adobe or what?

The_Video_Guy
02-20-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm assuming even when you are captureing them in MSPro 7 that you are capturing to DV. If you aren't for some reason, make sure to check and see if you are. Sometimes apps may default to another capture codec or maybe it doesn't include the audio or it's like an elementary stream (meaning the video and audio are recorded seperate into 2 different files.)

Worst case scenario, though time consuming, you could set up a batch and punch your time codes and recapture in Premiere... mind you that doesn't explain why your MSPro 7 files don't work... but it's a way around the problem.

Derrick_SA
02-24-2005, 08:19 AM
After Effects will give you the Audio when you do a RAM Preview.

- Derrick