PDA

View Full Version : AE's "Holy Crap" factor

Frizzle Fry
03-02-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm only on chapter 8, vol. 1 of "Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects," but as I'm working through the examples and tutorials I'm constantly thinking, "Wow! This is fricken awesome!" It's a whole new world of possibilities--it's like seeing with new eyes. (Holy Crap!)

I know a lot of you guys are probably like, "heh, i remember my first time," and it was a long time ago. but anyone out there like me who's willing to commit some time to learn, AE is an amazing tool. i haven't even scratched the surface, but the learning curve is a fun ride.

Thanks to whomever it was on this forum that suggested the book...

kai
03-02-2005, 12:29 PM
You're on the road to pixel enlightenment, grasshoppah... ;)

Glad you're liking it so far

matthewd5
03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
i remember the moment i had my mind blown about AE!

it was valentines day week 2004, my wife was at a medical convention learning how to do some weird surgery on rectums and we were in florida, rather than being out by the pool enjoying the weather (we live in new england!) i was in the room going through the motion graphics book #1 by trish whatshername.

i loved that experience. i've been sick most of the time since then and i'm just getting back into it. i have the whole total training dvd set plus i just sold my company and i've got nothing to do for the forseeable future!

i'm gonna lock myself in my computer room for two weeks when my wife goes out of town for two weeks!

matthew

MattC
03-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Heh heh, heh.... he said rectum....

Rectum?

Damn, near killed him....

matthewd5
03-03-2005, 07:49 PM
she has a great job, she can take your gallbladder out through your belly button all by herself. its better for you if there is an anethesiologist there...

she can even recreate a rectum if a small part of it is there.

she has a stapler so if she has to remove like 5 feet of your large intestine due to disease she can do an inline splice with a round stapler!

just to keep this AE, the effect i want to create is where you have a character, human, robot, etc. where they all march either in unison or a little off unison where the rows march staggered.

kind of like in i-robot where there were rows and rows of robots moving in unison.

matthew

reservoir
03-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Rectum.....Damn near Killed 'Em!! ~reservoir~