PDA

View Full Version : Handheld rigs? Whats everyone using? Reiviews?

SpenserS
01-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Just curious what everyone is using as far as handheld rigs. I've been reading for days and still no company has seemed to nailed it on the head yet? Am I wrong? Redrocks looks nice but definitely expensive. Gini from Korea is cool but kind of sketchy for me. Just looking for some user feedback.

PerroneFord
01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
What do you mean by hand held? And what do you need it to do? What is coming up short on the solutions you've seen?

OPHERBA
01-23-2010, 04:49 AM
SpenserS, hope this can be help for you.
http://www.cinema5d.com/news/?p=1474

SpenserS
01-23-2010, 06:42 PM
yeah I read most of those reviews. I will be shooting mostly narrative and weddings on the side. I just wanted to see what other people have bought and if they were happy? I feel like redrocks eye spy seems about what I want until I look at the price...then things like gini or hand made rigs are just not quite good enough haha. I guess is there anything in the middle? Or is there a rig Im missing? Maybe I'm just being picky and should figure it out myself but I wanted to hear some user experiences with different hand held shoulder mounts.

jonE5
01-25-2010, 08:32 AM
i built one of these for $10 and for another $5 added a quick release mount

works great

http://thedynamoduo.com/Extras/DIY-Prosumer-Spiderbrace.html

SpenserS
01-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah I definitely cant use something like that. It just screams un professional when Im working around untrained people...other wise id ive 3 of them haha

jonE5
01-25-2010, 11:46 AM
lol, if you dont want the cheapie look, then id say go with the gini.

I mean metal is metal, aluminum is aluminum. Thats something i learned building prototypes at NASA. Sure their casting, extrusion methods may be slightly different, but for a reasonably light camera like the 7d, its not like your going to need titanium strength or anything to support it.

Id like to get a gini rig myself, but for now im going with my $15 cheapie until i can build up some more glass.

jon

SpenserS
01-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Ill probably go with gini but its just finding the right rig for price. He just has so many combination's lol