PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to get 20th century fox effect..

Jlucan
03-05-2005, 04:52 PM
You the know the 20th century fox intros to like every motion picture movie with the gold spot lights and everything and that classic song. ANyone know how to do that in after effects or get that effect somewhere? Also does anyone know where to get that "the following preview has been approved by all audiences,etc" warning at the beginning of trailer clips ---its all in green and letterbox. How do I get those templates.....???

loyd_christmas
03-05-2005, 05:59 PM
it would be illegal to use it for anything,but if it was for personel use you could just rip the fox logo of any fox dvd

matthewd5
03-05-2005, 09:04 PM
god that would be so sad to just take the one off the dvd...

i'm sure you can do it in AE.

first off there is that plug in that does the light stuff, i haven't used them but knoll comes to mind and shine was mentioned once. i don't know if shine is an effect in the knoll package...

if you goto www.wrigleyvideo.com he has a tutorial on how to do a light shining on something with a plug in and you could build what you want from there.

plus i'm sure one of the motion graphic books from trish whatshername has something in her great book series

or you could be a poser and steal it from the dvd

matthew

Derrick_SA
03-08-2005, 07:23 AM
You can use the beam effect for the lights that comes with AE

Thanks,

- Derrick

kappa22
03-08-2005, 01:11 PM
3ds max... :thumbsup:

BLUESPIDER
03-08-2005, 11:14 PM
All you need is illustrator and 3d invigorator pro. I'm sure you can pull something like the 20thfox logo. Or if you know 3D, 3dstudio max, lightwave, maya ,etc, you can mimic that look. You can also start being nice to some folks here that knows 3d. They might be able to fufill your needs.

antomic
03-08-2005, 11:44 PM
You can also start being nice to some folks here that knows 3d.
Who? Wha? Where? Nope!

xl70e3
03-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Like Spider said, you'd need a 3d text plug-in like Invigorator to do this in AE. Lights and environment are doable using standart effects.

Much easier and faster to do it in a 3d app, even if you have never used one. There is completely free Blender, Personal Learning Edition of Maya, then are demos of every other major application out there too.

(Weird... I've this response a couple of days ago already, but it must have disappeared when forum changes kicked in)

Funkycoldg
03-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Maybe try trapcode's Lux? I think it might do the trick. You could download the trial version before you buy it! Hope this helps!

http://trapcode.com/products_lux.html

Good luck
John G

yucateco
03-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Hey this link

Tutorial AE (http://www.xtreme-is-back.com/tutorials_speffects.html)