PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a text effect as a movie file?

RobbieD
03-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok this is probably pretty basic but I am new to AE and I created a new project then I did to comps 1 & 2 with two different text effects. * Basicaly just animated the text for a opening credit shot.

Anyways, I go to the composition menu then I click Make Movie...it seems to render it then I get a beep at the end

Now I go to file and export as an AVI file. *I have tried quicktime and other video formats. *

In a nutsell all I want to do is create some animated text using Abobe's Presets (white text on a back background)..like amimate in effects and import them into my Premier Project. *Every time I import a new file (into Premier) I created in AE I can see it in monitor but when I drag it to the time line it's just black. *

Am I missing something? *Do I need to render a different way? *So I have to change frame rate in AE if using these text animations in a 24P timeline.

I am just lost. *I am very new to both these programs and film making so please try and help me get some cool text effects into Premier.

Thanks for your help.

fixitinpost
03-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Here's the easiest way to do it: When you have the comp the way you want it, be sure to set in and out points on the AE timeline. This way it will render only the material you want to have in Premiere. Then add the comp to the render queue. Can't remember which menu this is in at the moment. The render queue will then open. Set your animation to render with the same settings you are using in Premiere (framerate, frame size, etc.). The only difference is that I usually render from AE uncompressed. It generally looks better.

In your enthusiasm to animate, remember that often simple titles look better and work more effectively. Animation must be used carefully.