PDA

View Full Version : What forms/contracts do you use?

MrSeth
01-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Hey guys,

Had a question for those who normally enter into dvxuser and other film festivals... This legality thing is really killing me and ruining my focus on filmmaking!

I have a simple talent release for the actors in which I pay them a small sum. I need a form/contract for the dp, makeup, gaffer, and sound engineer. I know rodney posted a link but a lot of those forms are too detailed and I don't know if many will apply to dvxuser. My main concern is that the dp and rest of the crew do not publish the short film until AFTER the festival (or only show a small piece after the festival) for their showreel.

From my peers here I keep getting comments like "cover your ass" and "what if they sue you?" Which really messes me up because its one more thing I have to think about since its low budget. If you can help me out in any way regarding forms/contracts that'd be great. Or if you can show me samples of what you usually send to everyone to cover yourself, that'd be great. Thanks

Nitsuj
01-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Here you go http://filmmakeriq.com/development/contracts-and-law/588-free-film-contracts-and-forms.html
I just used some of the release forms for something I did just a couple days ago. Enjoy.