PDA

View Full Version : What color and material for curtains as backdrop.

slowrecords
01-07-2010, 09:37 AM
I am turning my large living room into a set where I will be filming bands playing live. think....fromthebasment.tv

I am completely new to video, as I have always been an audio engineer. But I am diving in head first....getting 3 DVX100b's....editing in final cut pro.....shooting everything in 24p, 16:9.

I have 3 walls i want to cover with curtains to give it a good look. I am thinking some sort of crushed velvet...

Are there any colors I should stay away from? I was originally thinking red, but a friend said that it would not look good on camera. I found a cocoa/brown velvet that I really like......should i go dark or lighter colors? what looks better for lighting the band and accent lighting? look at the fromthebasement.tv sessions to understand what I am going for....it is my model.

just looking for opinions before i drop the cash on curtains....once i buy them then that is it!

thank you all.

C.k.

rsbush
01-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I'd choose a dark color to taste. Gives you more options when you are trying to create depth. A light color will always be somewhat present.