PDA

View Full Version : need creative advice (newbie)

Goonerman
01-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Shooting video has become a hobby of mine over the past year. Just enjoy the filming and editing process a lot. Just want to develop better skills.

I'm creating a video, it's about being alone and waiting for, or losing someone. Will be shot in black and white, with the D90. I have a rough idea of what I want to do, I'll try explain.

If I can't explain properly, I'll make a quick video of what I'm trying to imagine, and post it later.

I'm hoping someone could help. Again, I'm not that good with video! Just someone who loves to watch peoples films, and 'attempt' to make my own.

The song for the vid will be "house built for two", which clearly sets the tone for the video. I'm just trying to get close up images of objects around the apartment, in stark black/white contrast, that somehow symbolize being alone and waiting for/losing someone. Trying to get that feeling conveyed. I'm finding it difficult to do though.

Some ideas I thought of...Shoot the lights, with one bulb working and the other not. Shoot the wooden ikea statue standing alone. Close up of shoe lace tied up. Not sure what else, maybe a close up of the kitchen sink, but not sure why.

I don't think I'm doing a good job of explaining what I have in mind...lol. I will shoot some video together right now, put it in fcp real quick, and make a quick sketch of what I'm trying to do. Sorry if you read all this, will post the video later today...I just hope vimeo doesn't fail me!

Goonerman
01-01-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s0uvXJEFcQ

so, there is the pre-pre-video of what i'm kind of after.

- i feel kind of bad, because i've been posting away on another video editing forum (and i don't know if you guys are rivals or anything)...hope you don't mind me posting the link i made there, so you can see what i'm after

i'll remove it if its not good etiquette!

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/user-videos/28026-need-creative-advice-newbie.html#post130058