PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Reel 2009

desy
12-10-2009, 07:42 AM
A lot of 7D stuff, 5d, and ex1 (with and without letus!)

Enjoy!

http://blog.rfproductions.ca/2009/12/rf-wedding-reel-2009/

Everts
12-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Great shots & well edited .

What type of dolly are you using ?

ryan brown
12-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Great shots & well edited .

What type of dolly are you using ?

Ditto.

Socman86
12-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Amazing!

desy
12-14-2009, 08:23 AM
no dolly, just the glidetrack!

mount the 7d/5d on that, and ex1 on steadicam pilot!

Lake Films
12-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Beautiful work, stunning. Being a Wedding editor myself, I know what you did to get this result. I just bought the GH1, for filmmaking. Any suggestions for dolly shots? And, what did you CC with?

david_p
12-14-2009, 04:24 PM
really strong desy! you had a nice variety of types of shots and kept my attention. most notable feeling i got was that you captured some novel and fun moments with your subjects. mix of cameras was all good too. good distribution of steadicam, dolly/slider & handheld or tripod shots. the variety kept it very interesting for me. photography on all of the elements was strong. images cut very well to the music. upbeat and snappy editing!!!

only thing that hit me about a half dozen times were short clips that felt like they wernt "graded or color corrected" up to the standard of everything else i was looking at. overall you had a very appealing warm vibe going on with attention to "cozy" and appealing skin tones (complimentary for humans). here are few points where the "mode" you had going "drifted" for an instant when these popped up.
1:02
1:39
1:43
just to point out a few.

this is a real subtle comment but i have to say that i felt it every time it happened. otherwise a very strong video and should keep you working with hi dollar gigs.

thanks
david
www.davidprobst.com

{lastest music video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sQfHD_b_E}

Rakesh Jacob
12-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Really nice looking stuff Desy, good work

desy
12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Beautiful work, stunning. Being a Wedding editor myself, I know what you did to get this result. I just bought the GH1, for filmmaking. Any suggestions for dolly shots? And, what did you CC with?

For dolly shots, just use the glidetrack (relatively cheap, easy to use and mobile!), any tripod head will do (i use the Manfrotto 844) and a wide angle lens! Just be sure to zoom in on the lcd to double check ur focus and move it at a constant slow motion and run it back and forth a few times.

as for CC, just using FCP 3way color correct! only a few times did I have to use the Smooth Cam effect really smooth out some of the shots

desy
12-14-2009, 09:52 PM
really strong desy! you had a nice variety of types of shots and kept my attention. most notable feeling i got was that you captured some novel and fun moments with your subjects. mix of cameras was all good too. good distribution of steadicam, dolly/slider & handheld or tripod shots. the variety kept it very interesting for me. photography on all of the elements was strong. images cut very well to the music. upbeat and snappy editing!!!

only thing that hit me about a half dozen times were short clips that felt like they wernt "graded or color corrected" up to the standard of everything else i was looking at. overall you had a very appealing warm vibe going on with attention to "cozy" and appealing skin tones (complimentary for humans). here are few points where the "mode" you had going "drifted" for an instant when these popped up.
1:02
1:39
1:43
just to point out a few.

this is a real subtle comment but i have to say that i felt it every time it happened. otherwise a very strong video and should keep you working with hi dollar gigs.

thanks
david
www.davidprobst.com

oh yeah lol ur not the only one. they were color graded BUT...not well enough, and my apologies as I will admit I rushed this a lil and just took the clips straight from the SDE rather than the original and CC'ing it again.

Thanks for commenting on it though! Really appreciate it, will definitely do a better job next time lol!

Cheers
-Desy

david_p
12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Desy, its still a great cut regardless of the few clips uncorrected and surely compelling enough to get you hi paying gigs. brides have to be loving you!

youve got your shooting and editing process "down" brother!

good luck to you!

david
www.davidprobst.com