PDA

View Full Version : Converting files to work in FCP...

rundavids
12-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I have a Macbook Pro 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo and it seems fine when editing movies, but when converting avchd and etc. to Prores, it's very slow. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a Mac Pro or iMac quad... Is there a software program I could use on a windows computer to convert files into Prores and then I transfer them to my Mac for editing? Thanks.

senomar
12-11-2009, 03:55 PM
hey... check out my recent post about my adventures in DVCPro... I'm working on a 2.33 MBP, so we're in a similar boat probably...

out of curiosity, how long does it take for you to transfer? mine is just a little slower than real time... I think that's about normal. So 1 min of footage, takes a little longer than a minute, and so on....

good luck!

PerroneFord
12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Is there a software program I could use on a windows computer to convert files into Prores and then I transfer them to my Mac for editing? Thanks.

Apple has closed the door on Window's machines being able to write to ProRes. In fact, it was less than a year ago that they even let PC's READ ProRes files.

Sorry.