PDA

View Full Version : New to DVXUSER: Austin DP, Actor, Production Company

johnhafner
12-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new here, but I've already learned a ton, and am very thankful to have found this amazing resource. In my short amount of posts, I've praised the 7d, argued with Barry Green only to realize he is usually right, and I think I've also helped out several people with gear reviews and recommendations.

I live in Austin TX and I am VERY involved in the local film scene as a signed Actor, as well as producer, DP, and director. I have a full DP kit including Canon 7d, great prime lenses, sound gear, lighting and grip etc. I've had to stop buying gear because what I have already doesn't fit in my vehicle.

I've been in the film industry for 3 years as an actor and due to the industry wide downturn, I've recently had time to do my own projects. I was the DP and Producer for Justin Durbans 2nd place winning MonsterFest 2009 entry "Bits n Pieces" Thanks for all the great feedback it really helps to hear that you are doing a good job, and keeps that motivation to continue to improve as a filmmaker.

Bits n Pieces official thread
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=188911

I'm currently on tap to DPing for Justin's BetrayalFest entry which will also be written by the same writer from Bits Leah Weinberger.

I'm also planning on Directing a short for BetrayalFest, which Leah is writing as we speak.

Ian-T
12-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I like that clip that you currently have up on YouTube using the 7D. It seems like you are making the best out of that camera. Good luck with all of your other projects. I hope to see them when they are done (I need a little inspiration).

youngindiefilms
12-14-2009, 02:57 AM
And all that fits in this forum category how again?

johnhafner
06-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey Guys,

I recently put together my 2010 Cinematography demo reel. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/v/ozLjfqNiK-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1

ozLjfqNiK-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1