12-01-2009, 05:18 AM

http://www.vimeo.com/7840755

Written, directed, edited by
MICHAEL FISHER

Photographed by
TIM JOY

f64manray
12-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Very nice. it's obvious that your composition is well thought out, and nice camera movement as well. Despite it being a pretty slow paced piece, I think this is a good demonstration how composition and movement can hold a viewers attention.

I'm still not sure about how these DSLRS handle B&W. I just haven't seen what I would consider great B&W images yet. Not saying yours were bad. I think they were good, probably among the best I've seen. It just seems difficult to get that luminate print quality in video.

Thanks for sharing.

michael_fisher
12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Thank you. We tested several different diffusion filters but finally shot clean. Maybe that would have given it a little extra...something. Curious if that elusive b&w quality you're referring to is something you've seen in older films or essentially any well shot b&w film stock. The b&w film work of Dreyer and Bresson is a huge inspiration for me, particularly "Day of Wrath" and "Diary of a Country Priest." Gorgeous b&w. Bresson, anyway, must have used some sort of diffusion. Beautiful glow to the images.