PDA

View Full Version : Strange yellow/blue lines in video mode, help!

ajbazalo
11-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi everyone:

This is my first post in my first week with my GH1. I've got a problem, when I record in any video mode, sometimes appears a series of yellow and blue vertical lines in the image. I thought it was because the ISO levels, but it doesn't. I got to shoot a couple of samples in 1080p with ISO800 without this bloody lines.

Nevertheless, I see this lines appears mostly when I record low light objects or places. So, is it normal? Must i have to configure something in the camera? May I to return the camera?

Thank you very much.

nobbystylus
11-27-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm suffering from a thin vertical red line when RECORDING ONLY. Always when shooting at high ISOs (400 or more) in low light areas also. Totally goes away when exposure is ok, but when in low light i get a weird thin red line appear.

Any ideas on this would be great.

Park Edwards
11-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi everyone:

This is my first post in my first week with my GH1. I've got a problem, when I record in any video mode, sometimes appears a series of yellow and blue vertical lines in the image. I thought it was because the ISO levels, but it doesn't. I got to shoot a couple of samples in 1080p with ISO800 without this bloody lines.

Nevertheless, I see this lines appears mostly when I record low light objects or places. So, is it normal? Must i have to configure something in the camera? May I to return the camera?

Thank you very much.

yes. it's normal.

Tim Joy
11-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes, that's normal. I would recommend shooting at a higher ISO if you can. It will hide the problem somewhat.

Other options are to get a faster lens or add more light.

ajbazalo
11-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Thank you very much.

rundavids
11-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Are you using the kit lens?

Park Edwards
11-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Yes, that's normal. I would recommend shooting at a higher ISO if you can. It will hide the problem somewhat.

Other options are to get a faster lens or add more light.

i would actually not shoot at a higher ISO. 800 is pushing the limits on the gh1. even with fast glass 800 is too much from my experience.