PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Rec Area Setting

jhersco
11-20-2009, 05:15 PM
On page 129 of the GH1 owners manual there is information about a Rec Area setting that can be either Still or Motion Picture. The manual states that it changes the angle of view. I've tried each setting and don't see a difference. I'd appreciate it if someone could explain the difference in the two settings and what to look for in the viewfinder (or LCD). Thanks.

MR Fanny
11-20-2009, 05:33 PM
its on page 30 for me and that refers to the preview area of recording because they have different aspect ratios. Generally if your in photo and go to movie you will get the added black bars on top and bottom because of the different ratios. Well that's my understanding of it.. i could be wrong..ha.

jhersco
11-20-2009, 05:58 PM
its on page 30 for me and that refers to the preview area of recording because they have different aspect ratios. Generally if your in photo and go to movie you will get the added black bars on top and bottom because of the different ratios. Well that's my understanding of it.. i could be wrong..ha.

Perhaps the reason I see no difference is that I have my still picture setting as 16:9, so I already have black bars on top and bottom. When I switch to 3:2 for stills, I can see a difference. I wonder if that's the only purpose of the setting.