PDA

View Full Version : Directorial Debut

staypuft85
11-18-2009, 03:21 PM
I brought my D90 to a student film shoot I was helping on. In the downtime I ended up making a little short documentary about a director at odds with his crew. Technical details were secondary to simply having fun. Audio is straight from the camera and there are a few bits of Jello/skew (I tried to keep them to a minimum)

Hope you all enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/7687659

Kholi
11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
With a User Name like that, I'll follow you around der Planet.

Stay Puft, and keep shooting.

Rakesh Jacob
11-18-2009, 10:40 PM
LOL EPIC!
Freaking hillarious all the way through to the drop kicked pizza!

Kegan
11-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Hahaha, that was absolutely awesome! Had a wicked time watching that.

Great job,

Kegan

erik_ande_85
11-19-2009, 12:48 PM
woow, I wouldn't like to be in that production team. Everyone seems to be an asshole:D

Martin Landsburg
11-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Really hilarious. Was this staged? Or a real report of what happened? In either case it would be funny...This is feature documentary material! lol
I can relate to both cast and crew...

Dafilman21
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
This is one of the best things I have seen on here in a while in terms of entertainment value great job!

Everts
11-20-2009, 12:10 PM
way better then Paranormal Activity .....

ZazaCast
11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
THAT was great... too funny. (I think I worked on that shoot!)

staypuft85
11-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks so much, I'm glad you all liked it!

Really hilarious. Was this staged? Or a real report of what happened? In either case it would be funny...This is feature documentary material! lol
I can relate to both cast and crew...

We were all helping on a student film shoot and since I had my D90 with me Andrew and I started making this faux documentary in the downtime. I was afraid we'd be a bother to the rest of the crew but they actually responded really positively. I guess we gave them a brief break from the stress.

That's interesting you mention turning it into a feature documentary. I'm about to lose my job at the end of january and am thinking of making a microbudget feature on the D90 in february. I know it's not the ideal camera but I think if we keep it simple/small and fun it shouldn't be too detrimental. I would also put way more effort into eliminating Jello/Skew and use my actual sound recorder.

Anyhow I'm not sure if I'd expand this story or try to develop one of the few others I have buried in my notes. What do you guys think?

david_p
12-15-2009, 12:23 AM
FUNNY as sh$t!

david
www.davidprobst.com

{lastest music video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sQfHD_b_E}

jonE5
12-15-2009, 06:56 AM
as for expanding etc..., i like the length that it is, i think if you try to make it really long, you might run out of stuff (unless you already have a lot more written)

You seem to have a good narrative style, i say go in a different direction if you have the time to setup and plan. This gives you 2 months to write something, so get to it!

visugeek
12-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Reminded me a lot of "And God Spoke". Really well done!

lee caropolo
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Very entertaining! That's very close to how my first feature fell apart lol except for the shiite in the film can. Great job!!