PDA

View Full Version : Battery Runtime for Video Mode

frontloop
11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Hello,

obviously there are already lots of you using the GH1 for video. I was looking desperately for info about the "battery runtime" of the GH1 in video mode.

Are there any options already to use any external kit? At least I have found that there is no battery grip offered by PANA.

Thank you
frontloop

Cory Braun
11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure about exact hours, but on my shoot last weekend I went through about a battery and a half a day and I'd say it was about a 5-6 hour shoot each day maybe. I have three batteries to be safe, but as of yet I haven't needed more than two.

Nitsuj
11-11-2009, 03:07 PM
On a 6 hour shoot I found I still had battery left. This was turning the camera off when not in use but that was plenty of power in my eyes. This held true for about 4 6 hours shoots. I don't know about continuous run time but I would guess 2-3 hours non stop.

frontloop
11-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Thank you, that's much more than I expected.

Regards
Frontloop

Martti Ekstrand
11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I got 3 batteries and I haven't run out of juice during a shooting day. 2 would probably be enough but they are so cheap, light and small I rather have one extra around.

Cory Braun
11-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you, that's much more than I expected.

Regards
Frontloop

Yea, I was pleasantly surprised at how long the batteries lasted.

I got 3 batteries and I haven't run out of juice during a shooting day. 2 would probably be enough but they are so cheap, light and small I rather have one extra around.

I agree with this. If you want to be safe get three (which I recommend), but two should probably last you.

Chris Light
11-14-2009, 12:46 AM
just got my GH1 today...the battery is so tiny and felt kinda cheap(coming from an XH-A1 brick battery), but i've been playing with the cam on and off for 7 hours now, and the level hasn't gone down...nice