PDA

View Full Version : GH1 - Focus Mode Dial AFS/AFC/MF

brosen
11-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Hi, I am new to GH1 and I am a little confused with the Focus Mode dial operation.

The default position for the AF Dial is AFS (AF Single) with the letters AFS in front of the "dot" on the body.

Then if I move the Dial to AFC (AF Continuous), AFC letters in front of the "dot", I will get a message in the LCD or EVF, saying "AF mode is AFS", and I do not get it, it was already configured as AFS, why when moving the dial to AFC says "now is AFS mode" ?, I am confused, please any advice will be appreciatted, thanks

bekrawa
11-11-2009, 06:59 AM
I couldn't reproduce this with the kit lens. What lens and shooting mode are you using? If I had to guess, I would say that the camera is warning you that AFC is not a valid option for the lens/mode - and alerting you to the fact that, despite your selection, the camera is actually using AFS. I have seen similar alerts when using the camera, but I don't recall what I was doing at the time.

brosen
11-11-2009, 07:56 AM
I am using the Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 Lens, what I've noticed is that in AFS mode and iA (exposure) mode the camera will do Continuous AF, I thought the Pancake Lens did not has Continuous AF ??

bekrawa
11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
I think what you are seeing in iA mode is the PRE AF feature automatically pre-focusing. It's ON by default in iA mode, and the only way to disable it is to select MF.

brosen
11-11-2009, 08:21 AM
If you select MF in iA mode, when you will press the shutter it will do AF ?

bekrawa
11-11-2009, 08:23 AM
No, it won't. So that's not an option if you want to use AF.

brosen
11-11-2009, 08:28 AM
It looks like the best option is P mode and AFS