PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Comedy Short

staypuft85
11-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Here's a short my friends and I made one afternoon about how good intentions are worthless if you don't know what you're doing. Hope you guys like it.

http://vimeo.com/7442648

jimbee
11-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey, it was funny! I laughed out loud at the red light/buzzer section. Quick question, your sound was very good, too. How did you record it?

Jim

jonE5
11-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey your the same guy that did that kite / revenge short right?

Being IT, i can def relate to some of this.

I like your opening shots, good composition but seemed a little shakey (could just be my browser acting weird though)

Lighting is flat in some shots and not in others, flat isnt really bad for comedy but just seemed slightly inconsistent. (not a major issue, just noting for you)

Funny stuff.

Check out my daily if you have a chance.

jon

staypuft85
11-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey, it was funny! I laughed out loud at the red light/buzzer section. Quick question, your sound was very good, too. How did you record it?

Jim

Thanks glad you liked it! Sound was a Marshall 2001 Condenser mic into a Zoom H4.

Hey your the same guy that did that kite / revenge short right?

Being IT, i can def relate to some of this.

I like your opening shots, good composition but seemed a little shakey (could just be my browser acting weird though)

Lighting is flat in some shots and not in others, flat isnt really bad for comedy but just seemed slightly inconsistent. (not a major issue, just noting for you)

Funny stuff.

Check out my daily if you have a chance.

jon

Yes, I'm one in the same. Thanks for the crit, I agree the lighting was flat for some shots. We started mid afternoon so we had the daily light coming in through the window which gave some nice dimension and color variation (the CU of him looking at the screen) but the shoot ran long and we lost that light. My kit consists of a few scoops and no gels so we couldn't do much to get that color temp difference back. Sounds like it's time to pony up some money.

You're browsers fine, I did that opening all handheld.

Thanks for watching!