PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate with me!

kippard
11-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I just ordered from B&H today. Should be here Wednesday. Celebrate with me! And thank you everyone for helping me decide and prepare to start shooting my next feature on the GH1! Wohoo!
:2vrolijk_08:

alignment1
11-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Let the good times roll!!! congrats-

SMD
11-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Excellent news.

I have been incredibly happy with this camera, both for still and Video. I was speaking at an Event this evening, and the event photographer had these two huge dslrs around her neck and she was so miserable with the weight and bulk (she had been shooting for 9 hours already) I showed her my GH1 and many sample pics and she was very impressed, especially with the natural light and indoor non- flash pics witht the 20mm f1.7

The small size, light weight, and articulated screen allow for incredible creative compositions from angles very hard to get with any other camera.

Enjoy your wise purchase and congrats! I waited two months for mine this summer, and could not be happier. You'll be stoked.
Cheers!

thisisapocalypse
11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
I just ordered from B&H today. Should be here Wednesday. Celebrate with me! And thank you everyone for helping me decide and prepare to start shooting my next feature on the GH1! Wohoo!
:2vrolijk_08:

That is awesome! It's a great camera and if you work with it right, totally up to the challenge of a feature! I'm in pre-production for my feature that I'll be shooting this January, it's a good amount of time to get used to the GH1, I recommend taking it with you everywhere and shooting a lot so that you can get a good feel for how to work with it...it's really capable of awesome stuff.

I must say I do recommend getting at least a couple of fast primes for this baby though, grab a couple Canon FDs and it will really open up a lot of possibilities for you. Also, not sure if you are on Mac or PC, but Neoscene is a really good way to go with this camera, especially if you're doing a feature...it's fast and painless and there will be enough other challenges to worry about than transcoding!

kippard
11-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Thank you, thank you! More encouragement. More good info. I AM stoked. It WILL be awesome. Can't wait to shoot the first test scenes!

SMD
11-04-2009, 10:26 PM
So did you get it? If so, wahoo!

Here's just one of many fun tricks to try when you first play with it:

Use the slow shutter speed mode , 1/2 sec, at night on a tripod, then speed the footage about 2x in post. Add your favorite "ethereal" type music. Enjoy.
see this thread for info on the slow shutter mode:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=183108

Cheers!

kippard
11-05-2009, 12:13 AM
I got it! It's just lovely. I want to be expert at shooting it immediately. Lots of shooting and learning to do!

Martti Ekstrand
11-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Use the slow shutter speed mode , 1/2 sec, at night on a tripod, then speed the footage about 2x in post. Add your favorite "ethereal" type music. Enjoy.!

Been there, done that, got a ethereal t-shirt :)

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=177342

SMD
11-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Why thanks Martti, yours was the clip that inspired my suggestion :)
I should have included it in my post as a nice example.
Cheers!