PDA

View Full Version : Spank the poop out of color & contrast…

Peer
10-29-2009, 03:47 PM
As a kid I always thought "exaggeration" was a bad word that only my parents and teachers wanted to punish me with. Yet, this bad virtue ended up being my (scarcely) livelihood (music related) and also brought me a few photo/film jobs -- the latest one I even used my dear 5D rig: http://www.vimeo.com/6952429
Admittedly, DOF is my dope and I like to spank the poop out of color & contrast (guess that's what the civilized people call 'crushed blacks').

-- peer

ccastro
10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I like what you did with the grading/coloring. I've been playing around with color more and more and its good to see what can be done with it.

Jester2138
10-30-2009, 10:32 AM
The sound that thing makes is absolutely bad***.

Peer
11-01-2009, 08:40 AM
I like what you did with the grading/coloring. I've been playing around with color more and more and its good to see what can be done with it.

Oh, thank you. As I said, I like to push things a bit over the top -- hence, I didn't really expect to get as many positive responses ;^)

The sound that thing makes is absolutely bad***.

Yea, I know -- it was sort of an easy thing to record since the bike already had this mean & crude sound -- although I haven't done any tweaking of the sound, it still kind of sounds over the top -- but it suits the bike (which is, to many, also over the top ;^)

-- peer

Rakesh Jacob
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh, thank you. As I said, I like to push things a bit over the top -- hence, I didn't really expect to get as many positive responses ;^)

Yea, I know -- it was sort of an easy thing to record since the bike already had this mean & crude sound -- although I haven't done any tweaking of the sound, it still kind of sounds over the top -- but it suits the bike (which is, to many, also over the top ;^)

-- peer

Well I like it a lot but I also like to spank the poop out of color and contrast on occssion and appreciate the de-pooping you've achieved.

THAT'S the way the thing sounds naturally?!!! Holy crap, I would get it just for the sound!

Peer
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Well I like it a lot but I also like to spank the poop out of color and contrast on occssion and appreciate the de-pooping you've achieved.
THAT'S the way the thing sounds naturally?!!! Holy crap, I would get it just for the sound!

Well, I guess certain spanking is good ;^)

And yes, that's really how this ($70k) bike sounds -- the sound you hear was recorded with a shotgun mic and not processed at all.

-- peer