PDA

View Full Version : "oobleck"

Dauntless
10-22-2009, 07:27 PM
SYNOPSIS
An experiment goes haywire in Leetzor Lab.

Written and Directed by Patrick Beck
CameraMan: Allen Wu

Patrick Beck as Patrick
Allen Wu as Allen

Marlon Ladd
10-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Is this a true story? Patrick as Patrick and Allen as Allen? Sounds like two filmmakers makin' some things happen. Nothin' better than that. Good luck!

Dauntless
10-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks man. There is a little truth but I'm not admitting to anything else :) -patrick

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Good luck! Welcome to the Fest.

Rodney V. Smith
10-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Welcome to the madness. I like your eye. goo. er...

Shaun Patrick
10-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Welcome. Creepy poster.

JTyner
10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Reminds me of flubber! LOL!!

Good Luck!

NoDice
10-29-2009, 07:32 PM
i like how your poster does not have tons of hours spent on it lol

people spend way to much time on their posters

Pocusproductions
11-01-2009, 08:06 AM
haha... alright. This was... interesting.

Dauntless
11-01-2009, 09:00 AM

MrFluffy
11-01-2009, 09:45 AM
ROFL. You are crazy :)

Zim
11-01-2009, 10:08 AM
It work!!

Mark Johnson
11-01-2009, 10:23 AM
That was a lot of fun.

Geoff_R
11-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Funny stuff. Had me laughing good a few times. Your lead actor did a good job with the character.

NOBELO
11-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I was laughing out loud a bunch of times. Pretty much the entire time. The main actor did a good job. Were his lines entirely improv?

Dauntless
11-01-2009, 02:25 PM
yeah the whole thing was pretty much improve... the cameraman kept laughing because every take was totally different... I was the main actor/director/writer/special effects/sound ect.. haha :)

NOBELO
11-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Dude you're a funny mofo. At first we were like: "wtf??" then as it went on for another 10 seconds we got into it and just started busting up. Nice job on the improv.

Charli
11-01-2009, 08:05 PM
The guy was hilarious. The monster reminded me of something I saw on the cartoon show, "Johnny Quest" years and years ago. It was a ghostlike monster with one eye so that kind of took me back to my childhood.

TMerry
11-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Ooooooh, Bech! :-)
Funny short. The lead actor had some good chops. I didn't care for the part
where he was on the floor crying about the girl - - and thought it could have been shortened.
But overall his performance was good. When the Oooblech went missing,
did the camera man say "did you check your anus"?? LOL!
That was random. Anyway, funny short.

Chris_Keaton
11-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Funny short, loved the blob absorbing him.

Edgen
11-02-2009, 10:38 AM
This made me laugh... in a flubberish kind of way :)

Thanks for entering!
/j

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Yah, the lead guy was pretty funny. Great voice. Looks like you guys had fun.

MAH

cinealma
11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Funny little film. Definitely got some chuckles. I'm sure you guys had fun making it.

Good job. Thanks for sharing.

Tribalink
11-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Great film man! It was hysterical! The lead actor did a phenominal job of getting into charactor as Leetzer! And I loved it when the monstor performed the "Leetzorbleck" experiment! :p

Sprocketboy
11-03-2009, 09:21 AM
You are a zany maniac Mr. Beck. That was fun!

EditPhish
11-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Well, interestingly enough, two of my actors are also working on a theater production of "Suessical" right now and just filled me in on what "Oobleck" is...

"Oobleck is a fictional green precipitation invented by children's author Dr. Seuss in the book Bartholomew and the Oobleck. In Bartholomew and the Oobleck, a king bored with ordinary rain, sunshine, fog, and snow orders wizards to create something new. They cause green precipitation called Oobleck to fall from the sky...
The word has since been adopted to describe a mixture of corn starch and water used to demonstrate the dilatant property of non-Newtonian fluids." (wikipedia excerpt)

LOL!

Dauntless
11-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Hey just wanted to say thanks everyone... I believe movies are meant to entertain, I'm glad I could give you a few laughs :).. thanks again!

ramsaur
11-05-2009, 04:33 AM
I liked your lead. Gave me some laughs. Giant flubber and the effect of it was pretty cool and funny in the end when it talked.

GuinnessForStrength
11-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Nice one, man!

With all the stuffy and egotistical people out there making films, it's good to see there are still some people who can laugh at themselves and have fun with it. This is enjoyable to watch, funny in a natural way, and original.

Plus, "Did you check your anus?" is an all-time classic line - AND he turns around to look!!

Only criticism I have is that in some parts it's hard to understand what he's saying - probably related to it being improvised/putting on a funny voice, but I'd hate to think there were probably some other good lines there that were lost!!

Overall, great job, Mr Beck. One man in Dublin is mighty impressed...

lawriejaffa
11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
With all the stuffy and egotistical people out there making films, it's good to see there are still some people who can laugh at themselves and have fun with it.

Oh yeah, dvxuser monsterfest is where the obnoxious of the Avante-Guarde can be found hehe! ;)

This is a self indulgent piece of nonsense really, made by a pair who obviously snapped into inspiration after an amusing impression for this character was discovered. Thus leading to an entire film! I can't imagine this being scripted - (half improvised!?)

In anycase, trite though it surely is - its actually annoyingly funny. As a film ive seen it a couple of times! The zany energy of the lead manages to maintain attention along with the straight man camera operator character.

It does fall into self indulgence (into the territory of okay okay... lets keep going, like the pulling the pants story, goes on far too long.) Stuff like that.

Overall its a cute welcome addition, which as a kind of youtube sketch would find a favourable audience but as an actual short film, is crude, simplistic and naively funny.

jasonthewho
11-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I wish you had been able to sustain the documentary footage over the whole film. For me this film is less effective when you cut away from the handheld camera. As silly as the film is, it seemed more authentic and interesting when through the cameraman's viewpoint.

Audio could be stronger. The special effects are cute, once again they look better in the B&W handheld camera.

I think the wig was a little much. Him having funny hair would have been funnier if it had looked real.

I really liked the beginning with the zooms in on key elements. This seemed more orchestrated, and was effective.