PDA

View Full Version : READ Before Posting in this Section...

Jason Ramsey
10-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Ok... So, this a place for folks to post their work, their films, etc.

BUT, there are a few guidelines:

This section is for artistic discussion only. Discuss framing, lighting, composition, etc.

You may NOT discuss resolution of the camera, technical aspects of x camera's performance, etc, etc, etc...

This is NOT a sub-forum for pixel peeping. This IS a sub-forum for folks to share and discuss their work on its artistic merits ONLY. Not to discuss the performance or shortcomings or limitations, etc of specific cameras.

You are welcome to NOT post the camera that you shot on.

Thanks. Little balance, and a little home for folks who want to focus on what they are doing with their cameras, rather than what their camera can or can't do.

later,
jason

Ben_B
10-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Cool. Finally a place for videos that aren't camera tests....now I just have to go shoot some >.<

Nitsuj
10-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Now this is a great idea. Thanks you dvx lords.

Matthew Bennett
10-22-2009, 03:19 PM
This is a great idea... I'm finding all the end result of pix peeping is depression...
happy days ahead..

Ben_B
10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I'd recommend renaming the area as HDSLR isn't the most common phrase for these cameras...it seems to be vDSLR which is less than ideal...I vote that this adopt Barry Green's idea of DVSLR.

Jason Ramsey
10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
a place for everyone.... little elbow room for all now.

themartist
10-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys, really appreciate you guys keeping control of the forum like this. Ive already learned so much since being here...

Jason Ramsey
10-23-2009, 11:29 AM
glad you are enjoying it... Just want everyone to feel like they can be a part of the community and contribute to its growth without stepping on each other's toes' :)

The dslr sections are pretty hopping, so we had to break out the equipment and bust down some walls. expand the place a bit :)

later,
Jason

J Davis
10-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Judging by its content at the moment it appears this section is for vids that are from camera's other than 7D, GH1, 5DM2

Have I got it wrong ... is that what it's for?

Rakesh Jacob
10-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Judging by its content at the moment it appears this section is for vids that are from camera's other than 7D, GH1, 5DM2

Have I got it wrong ... is that what it's for?

I think it's for any DSLR's video, it's just that those cameras allready have a "home" so people who shoot with other DSLRs are jumping at the opportunity to represent!

Jason Ramsey
10-25-2009, 08:00 AM
for any dslr's...

just kinda meant to be a "user films" section for dslr's and for folks who just wish to discuss the artistic, creative, and technical sides of their work, and wish to leave technical discussion about their camera out of their thread. Now, you have options :)

Short films, commercials, recent jobs, etc...

J Davis
10-25-2009, 08:41 AM
for any dslr's...

just kinda meant to be a "user films" section for dslr's and for folks who just wish to discuss the artistic, creative, and technical sides of their work, and wish to leave technical discussion about their camera out of their thread. Now, you have options :)

Short films, commercials, recent jobs, etc...

Love that. Love that. The tech discussion sometimes starts to hamper my creativity.
I'll be posting my next piece ENEMY BASE here.
Jason did you get my PM about moving some of my threads to here?

Jason Ramsey
10-25-2009, 08:42 AM
yeah. sorry. didn't get to it right away and forgot after that. will try to get them moved over soon.

iancarleton
05-15-2010, 05:17 PM
This is a great idea. Nice thinking Jason!

Quintessential Studios
12-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I want to post a vid that has SOME HDDSLR (T2i) in it and some other cameras in it. (HVX, HV30, GL-2 and 5000). I do want some critiques and I don't mind talking tech-geek about it. Where would I post about that one?

Thanks,
Eric Harnden

Luis Caffesse
12-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I want to post a vid that has SOME HDDSLR (T2i) in it and some other cameras in it. (HVX, HV30, GL-2 and 5000). I do want some critiques and I don't mind talking tech-geek about it. Where would I post about that one?

Thanks,
Eric Harnden

Post it in the forum pertaining to whichever camera you did the majority of your filming with.

jjw4
01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Can anyone tell me how I can start a new thread in this section? It seems like I'm somehow not allowed to. It shows I'm logged out as soon as I enter the main overview of threads in this section, while clearly I'm logged in already. It somewhere mentions in the FAQ that I might require permission for some things, yet it doesn't mention anywhere what/how/when.

Jason Ramsey
01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
you should be ok, but i moved you to a new usergroup just to be sure. try again...

make sure you have "remember me" checked when you log in...

kemaleksen
04-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Forum rules are fine for me. Would you please tell me how to embed Vimeo clips here? Do I have to put the url in brackets [ ] like in some forums?