PDA

View Full Version : LCD problem with streaking lines

dojoman
10-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I noticed this from the moment I got the camera but never bother to question it since I thought it was normal. Sometime I see these streaking lines on the LCD especially at night, but they never appear on the pictures on video, I think it's just LCD screen. Is this a defect? I cannot see them during daylight but they do show up if I have dark background. I wish I had taken a pic of it. The lines are not black, they have some kind of purple and greenish streaking lines.

bekrawa
10-22-2009, 10:08 AM
I noticed this from the moment I got the camera but never bother to question it since I thought it was normal. Sometime I see these streaking lines on the LCD especially at night, but they never appear on the pictures on video, I think it's just LCD screen. Is this a defect? I cannot see them during daylight but they do show up if I have dark background. I wish I had taken a pic of it. The lines are not black, they have some kind of purple and greenish streaking lines.

Yes, and I think that's a different issue than the ghosting. The colored lines appear when the camera artificially boosts the image brightness in low light (so you can see to frame and focus). You really see it when you press the shutter half way, with the lens cap on. The LCD lights-up briefly with lots of colored noise. At first I thought it was light from the AF lamp, somehow getting into the sensor, but I determined that it was just an attempt to boost the low light image.

Park Edwards
10-22-2009, 10:10 AM

photo or video? well i guess both. make sure you have auto lcd off. in pictures when the picture are too dark the lcd pushes the gain up so you can see what your shooting. video, if auto lcd is off, the lcd stays exactly the same throughout. just expose your video, picture correctly and don't push the iso too high, and your pictures will be clean, despite what the lcd shows.

dojoman
10-22-2009, 11:02 AM
So is this normal? Yes I have LCD auto off and the lines don't appear on photo or video, only on Live screen that's it. Maybe viewfinder has the same stuff too.