PDA

View Full Version : SDHC Class 6 Not Compatible ?

Exact
10-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Today I received a 16GB SDHC card I ordered via e-bay. I know - don't buy cheap - but it was a reasonably good deal and included a USB reader that I also needed.

Anyway - the card WORKS in the reader. I can read/write to it (I've physically copied 14GB of data to it and verified the data) in the reader but the HMC says it's not a compatible card and can't use it.

When I go to the card info menu on the camera it tells me it's not a supported standard and has nothing by the class code - yet it works fine in the reader/computer.

Any ideas? Is this a known problem with some cards and not others?

All my other cards work fine in the camera.

Barry_Green
10-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Does it have a class rating on it? Post a pic of the card.

MadHMC150
10-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Even though it says to 'check card' in the HMC - still go to the menu and format the card... worked for me.

But yes, you need class 4 or higher for full quality. If its not it should just reduce your options to the lesser qualities.

Exact
10-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Yes it says Class 6, and yes I've still gone in to the menu and tried to format it - but no luck. The cameras says it's not supported. Yet it works in the computer without problems.

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/53215/1255628559.jpg

Burners
10-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Buying memory from Ebay is risky due to he massive percentage of fakes and lower standard cards passed off as higher. Transcend is a generally recommended brand for the HMC, although doubts have been raised between the 'made in china' and the 'made in Taiwan'. The Taiwanese ones being flagged by some as unreliable.

You dont mention if you have tried other cards you may have? If other cards are indeed working OK I would say you either have a faulty (as far as the HMC's concerned) original Transcend or a lower spec card with Transcend art on it.

I bought a brand new 16gb class 6 ADATA card which works fine on data copying on the PC but the HMC doesnt like it after recording for 20 minutes (incompatible media message)

Exact
10-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Buying memory from Ebay is risky due to he massive percentage of fakes and lower standard cards passed off as higher. Transcend is a generally recommended brand for the HMC, although doubts have been raised between the 'made in china' and the 'made in Taiwan'. The Taiwanese ones being flagged by some as unreliable.

You dont mention if you have tried other cards you may have? If other cards are indeed working OK I would say you either have a faulty (as far as the HMC's concerned) original Transcend or a lower spec card with Transcend art on it.

I bought a brand new 16gb class 6 ADATA card which works fine on data copying on the PC but the HMC doesnt like it after recording for 20 minutes (incompatible media message)

My other cards are Verbatim 16GB SDHC Class 6 and they all work perfectly.

Thomas Lew
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
is that a transcend brand? Why doesn't it have the logo on it.....

:bath:

Exact
10-20-2009, 04:34 AM
is that a transcend brand? Why doesn't it have the logo on it.....

It was not bought as Transcend - although it's certainly a similar color scheme. It's a generic card from e-bay - so who knows what it is?