PDA

View Full Version : Making my own GH1 "Fig Rig" - Need Input

Aaron Neal Trout
10-08-2009, 02:25 PM
So I have three of the metal rings shown in the photos below. They were to small to make fig rigs for the HVX, but they're just right for the GH1. I'll be making one for myself and the other two to sell. I figure if the future buyers want to give me some input that would be great.

The rings are made out of thin wall steel, so they're light but strong, aproximately 18" in diameter, with four equally spaced holes. My idea was to make a bar 12" long and weld it across the bottom, pre-drilling it for a bogen quick release adapter. If straight up 12 o'clock was zero degrees, then I would orient the holes at 45 degrees, 135 degrees, 225 degrees, and 315 degrees, so you could still mount accessories without interfering with the grip. I would also weld on some sort of tripod mount at 6 o'clock (180 degrees)

So if I've got two interested buyers please let me know your input and I'll make them however you like. I can spray on a coat of rattle-can paint for nothing, or else I can check into powder coating, which will be extra, but won't scratch up like paint.

Thanks!

Aaron Neal Trout
10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
So I ended up whipping one out for a 48 hour challenge. Seems pretty balanced. I'll make the other two just like this.

$25 + S&H if anyone's interested.

JMG100
10-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Cool. How successfully does it eliminate jello w/quick handheld stuff?