PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! How do you locate this lens spot and remove it?

jacotte
10-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I have been trying to remove this Letus spot in vain. Please look at it and tell me where to look for it and remove it. It is a total mystery.

http://www.linoversace.com/letus/

Taylor Rudd
10-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Looks like a spot on the condenser. This is quite a pain to clean. Search the LetusDirect.com or these forums for how to clean it....or send it in

Postmaster
10-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Nice, I got - not only the same spot on my LEX - but on exactly the same position.

Frank

Lenilenapi
10-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Did you see it on the Ground Glass when you had it apart? When yopu previously described as a wobblying spot that sounds like its on the GG.
Look with it a magnifying glass
With the Brevis, sometimes air wouldn't do it or I had to really blow repeatedly in one spot with the plastic tube. I remember pushing a piece of dust off with the plastic tip of the tube that came with my canned air . Unorthodox but it did work.

Lenny

jacotte
10-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't have time to send it in. We are filming every day. What is the condenser? Can you take the Ground Glass off for cleaning and put it back in? I have never done it and don't want to destroy anything in the process. I don't have much time to fix this as we are filming every day on a feature. Help would be more than welcome.