PDA

View Full Version : sdhc card fail? or what?

Thomas Lew
09-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I was filming a photo shoot today in new york city. This wasn't just for my own filming fun.. it was an actual job so that's what makes this terrifying to me.

The footage I shot extended over 3 sdhc cards... I use 8gb ones. I have all transcend cards and one of the Panasonic gold colored ones. I filled up my transcend cards and then shot about 2 minutes of footage on the Panasonic card before we shut down the set.

Nothing unusual happened while recording.. it looked like it was going just fine. Then back at home I went to injest the footage and found that the Panasonic card wasn't even being detected by my Mac. The other transcend cards worked fine. I put the Panasonic card back into the hmc and the hmc said CHECK CARD. I went to format it and it said that it was unable to format the card or really do anything with it.

What the heck happened?... Thankfully I didn't really need those last 2 minutes of footage but the thought of that happening again on another shoot just horrifies me. I thought the Panasonic card would be the last out of all of them to fail as well...

Jan_Crittenden
10-03-2009, 04:45 AM
You don't say whether you were using a 150 or a 40, but if a 150, it may need the firmware upgrade. go to your PASS site and download the upgrade. It may be that you have a class 10 Panasonic card. Nonetheless, the upgrade won't hurt anything but may well improve things.

Best,

Jan

Thomas Lew
10-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Ok. I have not updated my firmware so I will definitely do that Jan. Thanks for the solid advice!