8. Ed Reck: by REHov520
9. Praying For Bears: by MrKilloran
10. The Lock Monster: by polfilmblog

:cheesy:

lawriejaffa
09-28-2009, 04:51 PM
OOOOoooh!

The results congratulations gents.

I had it guessed for Arroway winning. I enjoyed the script, read like a great undergound dysoptian vampire short story (have you ever read 'The Miracle Mile' Arroway- totally recommend it. While not the most original setting - still one of my favs, and the story set up was gerat.

October!!! 2nd!!!! My god i thought this was far too twee and mediocre to make 2nd !! (4th or 5th!!! Your man enough to take that criticism arent you Ben, cos it still would make myyy top 5 kind of!

Brr i think should be up a place imo, in many ways a counterweight to Nest runners.

Brr is original and genuinely entertianing from a producers pov far more interesting i think than most other entries. Nest Runners is not so original but is extremely professional and innovative within a familiar setting.

Id be looking to shoot either of those two if i had the chance out of em'.

In the Family - 4th is good, i loved the jibber jabbers and found this to be an entertaining script playing against expectation even if it was written by my... by my.... NEMESIS. I will be uploading my belated entry to show Chris Keating how it should be done hehehe, (it will feature a historical setting with condescending artistic dialogue) Yey!

Backbone was amusing (Night of the Creeps is the 80s film it reminded me of) but it didnt blow my mind etc! Decent enough, The Things I see is Marshalls best and could have done with a place higher.

Praying for Bears 9th is obviously because MrKilloran has made an evil pact with the demons of hell (or general managers of macdonalds food chain outlets) and somehow convinced people to vote highly for his absurd camp teen slashfest. (I do love you MrKolloran and you know that!)

The Loch Monster was amusing and cheery, so not bad, a few worthy entries should have popped a few places higher, but meh overall fairly reflective of the qualities i saw imo.

Captain Pierce
09-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Praying for Bears 9th is obviously because MrKilloran has made an evil pact with the demons of hell (or general managers of macdonalds food chain outlets)

There's a difference? (says the guy whose breakfast today was an Egg McMuffin, and whose lunch today was also an Egg McMuffin :D )

Congrats to all. :)

DarkElastic
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Well done all. Better late than never! ;-)

Wow, I would never have guessed that top 10... My top 3 were in the top 5 though.

DarkElastic
09-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Congrats Arroway.

Charli
09-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Congrats to the top ten!

Chris_Keaton
09-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah Top 10! Brr and Nest Runners was in my top 3, but so was mine, but alas 4th ain't bad. Is it Laffie? :violent5:

Ben Sliker
09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
i would like to thank everyone who made comments on my script, and especially members like Charli who pointed out my formatting errors and gave me a lot to think about. (SHOW don't TELL!) 2nd is a big surprise, THANKS! (Although, I probably can attribute most of it to the awesome title, courtesy Joe Johnson)

oh ... and lawrie ... die.in.a.fire. :)

MrKilloran
09-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Congrats all! Once again I've learned a lot from everyone's insight ...and Lawrie, if only I had gone to MacDonalds, I could have made top 5 with their dark powers! That's the last time I rely on Taco Bell. :grin:

Rustom Irani
09-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Well I'll be!

I'll take top three with a Monster genre. Heck, I don't even write the stuff.

Arroway's was my highest rated script. October, November, Dismember has a brilliant title and great dialog.

Glad to be a part of the top three.

Thank you everyone!

mookid
09-29-2009, 03:37 AM
congratulations to the winners!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/sanguinare4211/DILLON_predator.gif

kennethhurd
09-29-2009, 04:15 AM
Congrats everyone!

arroway
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
I appreciate the votes and hope I can show you all the final filmed product someday soon.

Brr, Channel 8, 500 Days of ARGH!, and Ed Reck were my personal favorites.

This will probably be my last scriptfest unless there is some attempt in the future to better integrate it with filmfest, so it's nice to end on a high note if this is indeed the end.

:beer:

Troy Ruff
10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Congrats to all the winners. :)