PDA

View Full Version : Green Screen Material

armadillo
09-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to put together a green screen and I have been shopping around online for decent green fabric and I'm getting a little overwhelmed with the options...

I'm thinking something foam backed and maybe 6' x 10' or so...

I've looked at eefx and all kinds of sites. Is there a site and/or product that the community here has had good results with?

Thanks

pveal
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
since we're on the subject of green screen i want to jump in and second the request of armadillo. There are so many options and some feed back from experienced people would be good.

Also would anyone have any suggestions about chroma keying a fish tank so that the back of the fish tank is green. I was going to either paint the outside back glass or material. I want to eradicate reflection. I know that keying this will be a difficult job so if you have any experience with tis kin d of thing please help, thanks.

pveal
09-27-2009, 07:31 PM
i'm not hijacking the thread, just adding an extra request to armadillos initial one, cheers.

scannon
10-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Armadillo, Peval:

B&H Phot video has a wide selection of cromakey supplies and backdrops. A tightweave muslin works fine but there are other options including cromakey paint. Proper lighting and subject placement are the most importantant.

Peval keyng a fish tank ceratinly presents a host of challenges. Reflections from the fish on the back of the tank , reflections of the camera, crew on the front side glass, etc.

I would paint or place a chromakey backdrop on the inside of the back of the tank or you will likely get a refelction from the inside surface of the glass.

Paint is probably not a good idea as it may contain chemicals harmful to the fish.

As to front reflection I suggest a black curtain or black foam core. Cut a hole just big enough for the camera lens to see through. Place the "blind" in fron to the tank at adistance of 4-5 feet. The blind will hide any reflected light from you and the camera. You could also try shooting in a dimly lite room first.

Use difussed lighting from the sides or the tank, or at a 45' angle.

We use the bind set-up for art and douments stored under glass frames with excellent success.

Hope this helps,

S Cannon

El Director
10-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I have a six by ten. I bought the material from a fabric store and built my own frame from PVC. My total cost was around 30 bucks. I do recommend some sand bags as well to keep the screen from blowing over. The key (so to speak) is to make sure the the material has a matte finish. It's not true chroma key green, but it's close enough. I've used it outdoors, using the sun to light it, and and I've used it in a controlled environment as well.

Chris Santucci
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=151718&highlight=greenscreen