PDA

View Full Version : Summon Lovin'

REHov520
09-26-2009, 04:11 PM
http://www.ariehovenkamp.com/summonlovingposter.png

I'll be shooting this in the next two weeks and should be able to wrap it up just in time for the 30th.

Logline: A loveless young man, frustrated with his inabilities to get a girlfriend, summons a lust demon to help him become more confident with women.

Here are some screengrabs!
http://www.ariehovenkamp.com/summonlovin1.pnghttp://www.ariehovenkamp.com/summonlovin2.pnghttp://www.ariehovenkamp.com/summonlovin3.pnghttp://www.ariehovenkamp.com/summonlovin4.pnghttp://www.ariehovenkamp.com/summonlovin5.png

Chris_Keaton
09-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Is that going to work better that putting a bra on your head and hooking jumper cables to a barbie doll?

Oh, no I'm dating myself.

P.s. Love the title.

P.s.s. There's going to be a lot of competition in the comedy department.

AmyO
09-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Is that going to work better that putting a bra on your head and hooking jumper cables to a barbie doll?

Oh, know I'm dating myself.

P.s. Love the title.

P.s.s. There's going to be a lot of competition in the comedy department.

Hey Chris, I totally got that reference, so I'm right there with ya.

Sounds like a fun project. Can't wait to see it.

ramsaur
09-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Like the title, seems like it'll be a fun lovin' project. Good luck on it!

Rodney V. Smith
09-29-2009, 06:15 PM
So what's the word on this project? Have you shot yet?

REHov520
09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
We're shooting it next week. I'm getting all the make up and stuff prepared for it right now. It's gonna be AWESOME.....!

Marlon Ladd
09-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Good luck!

REHov520
10-08-2009, 11:26 PM
alright this is 90% shot now. i added some screengrabs up above, including a taste of the demon. you'll have to watch the movie to see the whole thing! now i am racing to finish editing / effects by the 30th.

EditPhish
10-09-2009, 01:56 PM
alright this is 90% shot now. i added some screengrabs up above, including a taste of the demon. you'll have to watch the movie to see the whole thing! now i am racing to finish editing / effects by the 30th.

Congrats! I enjoyed your screen grabs and I think you're the first to actually show a grab including a bit of your "monster"... no one wants to give it away I assume!

cinealma
10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey, grabs look good! You finish up shooting?

Looking forward to your film.

Cheers!

John G.

REHov520
10-12-2009, 06:57 PM
shooting pickups sometime this week, but for the most part we're done. just rushing to finish the effects and editing. i'm also desperately looking for a composer, so if anyone wants to help out in that department lemme know.

REHov520
10-18-2009, 12:34 PM
i have now added a poster at the top!

Nitsuj
10-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Nice poster. It is balanced well. This fest is getting more exciting every day.

REHov520
10-24-2009, 09:53 PM
all done filming! now rushing to finish effects / music by friday.

ZazaCast
10-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Nice poster!

Rodney V. Smith
10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
very nice poster. i like your use of the images you did have. very effective design.

TMerry
10-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Great Monster Face screen Grab.
The demon from my Ouija approves of the demon
your protagonist summed up ;-)

Looking forward to see your flick!

Matt Harris
10-30-2009, 11:49 AM
lookin' good! love the title, poster and nice grabs.

EditPhish
11-01-2009, 02:59 AM
You definitely get a lot of credit for giving you monster some serious screen time -- something a lot of people didn't do in this fest -- and for the fact he was a unique idea. Overall I thought it looked good, though the whole story was a bit corny at times (and I couldn't tell how intentional that was). Towards the end it seemed like you had some sound issues... some of the dialog seemed a little low.

Overall, I did find it entertaining and enjoyed watching!

Pocusproductions
11-02-2009, 07:33 AM
I thought this was very well made. Loved the story, acting was good, the montage in the middle was great. Cinematography and special effects were top notch too. Very funny! "Find yourself a fatty and settle!" haha

Chris_Keaton
11-02-2009, 07:53 AM
This was a great film. A comedy that really pulls it off. I did love the fatty line. This is in my top ten.

Edgen
11-02-2009, 10:42 AM
yes!! The "Fatty" line had me rolling! Your monster's performance wasn't bad at all considering he had to do a lot of yelling. I'd be freaked out by him.

Congrats on entering! It was a fun little story and some pretty sweet effects.

/j

Charli
11-02-2009, 10:54 AM
The audio seemed off to me, a lot of echo in the room. The story was somewhat interesting but it didn't hold or grip me. The 'fatty' line was funny as was the 'exfoliating bath' line.

A monster with horns a bit generic for me, purple was good, it was okay.

MrFluffy
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
ROFL, Excellent, although the ending was a bit abrupt. I loved the bit where her head exploded.

Fantastic Laugh.

Geoff_R
11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Good stuff. Laughed pretty hard on this one. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
The audio was off but this was actually quite good overall. Pretty funny stuff.
The montage scene went on too long though, I would cut that back a bit.

The blue dude reminded me of Will Ferrell! Sounded a bit like him. :)

Fun ride. Loved the summoning verses as well.

Cheers,

MAH

NOBELO
11-02-2009, 08:32 PM
I thought this was funny. The "get a fatty and settle" had me busting up. I showed my friend who loves comedy and I asked him "Who does this monster guy remind you of..." Of course he said Will Ferrell.

This was truly funny. Nice job with the Schnaz and the Big head.

REHov520
11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
thanks guys. i didn't realize the sound was so low at the end until after i uploaded. OOPS! probably the result of several late nights editing. also i had a lot of trouble cutting this one down to 6 minutes, the full length version runs about 8 and a half. i think i made the mistake of trying to stuff to much into too short of a time.

Blaine
11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
I showed my friend who loves comedy and I asked him "Who does this monster guy remind you of..." Of course he said Will Ferrell.

And the kid reminded me a bit of a young Jeff Bridges.

This one was good for a couple of laughs. Thanks.

Rodney V. Smith
11-03-2009, 03:44 PM
This was seriously funny dude and I enjoyed it immensely. Glad to see some comedy in the fest and well executed at that. I loved your use of the summoning circle and the cat-toss was PRICELESS.

jasonthewho
11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I really enjoyed this, after the first scene. The first scene visually needed a more narrow depth of field, and the writing/acting was cliched. But after that scene, it got really good. The shooting was better, the acting/writing funnier, and was a cute little story.

Loved the line "How do you think my mom feels? I bet she f'ing flipping her sh!t!"

Could tell you ran out of time here with the abrupt ending, but at least you wrapped it up.

Fun film!

killacam
11-06-2009, 03:49 AM
I have to admit- I lol'd

ramsaur
11-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Visual effects were pretty cool. Acting was okay. The beginning the girl looks right at the camera when she says sorry about the phone call. The phone also wasn't even turned on and the phone conversation was too quick. You could see a tripod leg in the left in the mirror towards the end. Mirrors are tricky, gotta watch out. Story over all was pretty funny and entertaining. Good work.

Noel Evans
11-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Well I thought this was fairly unique. It was almost like a musical sans the singing, with the spells and they way they were done. A few good laughs. Well done.

Marlon Ladd
11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Well, I thought I'd been here already. I guess not. I enjoyed this film too. I thought it was funny and entertaining. Loved it when the guy turned into "the man," "the pimp," "the playa.'" I thought the blood on his face at the end looked a tad bit fake and the audio could use a little work, but overall this was a very entertaining film. Nice makeup too.

lawriejaffa
11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
This was an unexectedly amusing entry - i think in fact every film should feature a giant tough guy blue skinned horny Pan god!

Cinematography was fine, performances were hilarious - particularly for the blue skinned god! The script was amusing enough - yep there could have been more jokes, meat on the bone there to say more about our character, a lot was left to the visual montages (but then these were among my favourites.) The split screens with flashes of ever more furious blue eyes had me in giggles!

Overall this film will defiantely benefit from a longer cut to let it breathe, but otherwise should work as a crowd pleasing favourite of about 8 minutes.

REHov520
11-10-2009, 08:37 PM
very perceptive of you lawrie, the full cut of this does run at about 8 1/2 minutes. i had a lot of trouble cramming the whole thing down into 6. thanks for the feedback.

Chris_Keaton
11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Why isn't this a finalist? This was one of my faves. Ok there might have been some technical difficulties, but it was a funny story and the Incubus was awesome. Great Job.

REHov520
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi everybody!

The full 9.5 minute version of this is now up on vimeo if anyone is interested. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://vimeo.com/8548929
password: nezo

Vince K
01-05-2010, 03:41 PM
That was awesome! Technically some bumps and bruising ( camera isn't level in wide shot of setting up candle circle - not a biggie - I have 'level-phobia' ) , but I don't think this was meant to come across as a serious piece anyway, but rather a fun piece, and it ( editing, angles, humor ) got much better towards the end . I have to admit I was laughing pretty hard at some spots! Good job.