PDA

View Full Version : Need props - "fake" candy

bmxbud4130
08-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Does anybody know of any companies that sell or produce prop candy bars or vending machine food? Such as, a "snackers" bar? A bag of chips that simply says "chips"? Or really anything that has generic packaging that we could put in a vending machine. I can't show any logos, it has to be totally generic.

I found some online places that will print custom labels for Hershey's bars and that sort of thing, but that's more for promotional products and party favors. And a lot of them have a minimum order requirement that is way over what I need.
I was hoping there would be a prop house out there that would have this sort of thing already made up, thus saving me time in designing the generic labels.

If I have to I will design and print the labels myself and start wrappin' some candy bars. But if anybody can point me in the direction of a prop house or packaging printer that already does this sort of thing, that would be a huge help!

Sad Max
08-28-2009, 09:02 AM
If you're talking about one machine's worth of packaging, you're probably best off doing that yourself. With a good inkjet printer and a copy of Illustrator, no big deal.

Christian Vincent Jung
09-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm in a play called Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, and all the candy and candybars were made in hand.

As Sad Max suggests, it can actually easily be done by one self.

Chocolate bars: Unwrap a bar of chocolate, and wrap it in your own tin foil. Make a paper cover of your own design and fold it around on the middle of the bar. Voila. Looks a bit like this: http://www.singleserveespresso.com/pictures/Bar_Espresso.jpg

As for the bag of chips, maybe you can cut open a bag of chips, remove the content (Or eat it!) and turn the bag inside out. After cleaning the bag you can print out the words CHIPS, cut it out in your own way and glue it to the bag. Fill in the chips and glue the opening together?
This I have never tried, so it's only a theory... :)

Best of luck.

lbwoods
11-25-2009, 07:39 PM
you've probably already come up with a solution. One thing I would suggest in this situation is using foil tape to strategically cover up the logos, leaving the appearance of the product but not the advertising or brand name.