PDA

View Full Version : Morgue Set

Studio595
08-28-2009, 07:39 AM
Hey guys.

For the final scene of The NorthGuard Project, we need a morgue, but (of course) we decided to instead of actually find one, we decided to build one.

HOWEVER, i have no idea how to make a set look like an actual morgue. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

--Hunter

Sad Max
08-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Start with research pictures of what *real* morgues look like. Think tile, stainless steel, laboratory-type cabinets and work areas. Refrigerated drawers (or more rarely, walk-ins) for corpse stowage. Octopus lights and at least one dissection table for exams.

I just finished designing what feels like the hundredth morgue for a show, this time for Medium, so I have still have morgues on the brain...

...I don't know what your resources are like, but you probably ought to consider finding an actual set designer, to design this for you.

dustyroad
09-05-2011, 09:45 PM
You sound like the goto resource for morgue design:

I just finished designing what feels like the hundredth morgue for a show, this time for Medium, so I have still have morgues on the brain...

We are developing a web series/television series that is going to require a morgue for every episode. We want to keep the whole morgue set under a grand. Is this possible in your opinion? We need at least a facade of a morgue freezer with multiple doors. Only one would actually have to have a pull out drawer. Any ideas? Anywhere we can buy an actual morgue freezer? Not sure if they even sell them used (maybe not even allowed in the industry)? Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks! =)

Aaron

Sad Max
09-07-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't think your budget supports a full-build set with a functioning morgue drawer - also remember that dressing (autopsy tables, equipment cabinets, lights, expendables caddies, etc) are important to this kind of set. If you can find a location with tiled walls and floor, a work counter with sink(s), and build one set wall with your morgue drawer doors on it, that plus a gurney or two and an octopus lamp ought to be enough to get the idea across.

lowercase
09-12-2011, 06:19 PM
most big box home improvement stores sell interior siding that looks like white tile walls, perfect for a morgue. also check craigslist for used medical equipment. i scored an exam light for 10 bucks. you can also look for used restaurant supply places for freestanding stainless sinks w built in counters and maybe even some fridge doors. alot of the cabinets in restaurants are refrigerated and have smaller doors that could be rigged up to drawer slides to give you a pull out. here's a morgue we built for 50 bucks for a web series i'm working on. used a folding table covered with a sheet, 2 sheets of the aforementioned tile board and the exam light. added a coupla clip boards with some stuff on them and viola. it's also a 1 wall set. we just rotated everyone around for each angle and changed the stuff on the walls

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=497066421211

Sad Max
09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
I may never eat a sandwich again.