PDA

View Full Version : utility for sequence frame output

TrueIndigo
08-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Anyone know of a video conversion utility which will output sequence frames from AVCHD (particularly the type of AVCHD from the GH1, such as 1080p25 or 720p50). My ideal sequence frame output would be png files, but tif would also be good (not so interested in jpeg).
Thanks.

JB_frenchy
08-26-2009, 03:46 PM
i'd say quicktime pro or any editing software fcp, premiere,
but first you have to transcode the avchd to a proper codec.
on a mac, use fcp for log and transfer in prores.

TrueIndigo
08-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks, I should have said I'm using Windows. My version of Vegas Pro (8.0b) doesn't accept the mts files from the camera (and my computer probabaly wouldn't be fast enough even if it did). I don't want to upgrade just yet (I have a lot of other expenses to pay off) so I have been using AVS Video Converter to make standard definition proxy files for editing. Later, I would like to export full size sequence frames (rather than an uncompressed video file) for some work in Photoshop. This is why I'm interested in a converter utility (unfortunately, AVS doesn't have sequence frames as an output option).

It extends the workflow, but do you think there would be a quality loss if I made an uncompressed avi or mov and then used another utility or Vegas Pro to make the sequence frames? I know uncompressed is uncompressed, but I just wonder...