PDA

View Full Version : Setting proper exposure

luke stewart
08-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Just trying to get a handle on this before I take the plunge- No zebra stripes and (I'm assuming) no histogram. How do you properly set the camera for a good exposure? Is the LCD display accurate enough to use that entirely? Thanks.

Stephen Mick
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
There is a histogram function on the GH1, and you can position the histogram anywhere on the screen for use while shooting.

I've also found that the LCD screen is very WYSIWYG as far as exposure goes. So in combination with the histogram, this makes getting good exposure pretty straightforward.

--SM

Tameside
08-26-2009, 09:21 AM
does eveybody find that the evf is darker than the lcd and that the lcd gives a better indication of wysiwyg?

GetUp
08-26-2009, 09:26 AM
For me evf is on bluish side too

luke stewart
08-26-2009, 02:53 PM
There is a histogram function on the GH1, and you can position the histogram anywhere on the screen for use while shooting.

I've also found that the LCD screen is very WYSIWYG as far as exposure goes. So in combination with the histogram, this makes getting good exposure pretty straightforward.

--SM

Sweet, thanks! I prefer a histogram over zebra stripes any day of the week. Can't wait to order mine, grabbed some glass off ebay, plus have a bunch of C mount glass I had in anticipation of the Scarlet, so will buy an adapter for those too.