PDA

View Full Version : My First EX1 Edit - Slow-mo fun. & First Music Video.

Chadfish
08-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Well I have been lurking around, and asking questions here for at least 6 months. I have been saving up for the last year and a half. I finally got it, and I'm not even in debt! Though I have no money, and nobody is calling in for any video jobs so far this month....

I absolutely loved viewing these first shots on my 46" Sony Bravia TV. I am confident I am going to make some great stuff with this camera. I went out to the zoo to get some "wild" life, and had some fun with slow motion. I was shooting 30P with all this. I have not delved into 24P yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy-s_g2MRio&feature=related

The Climb
And here I have my niece singing along with a Karaoke version of her favorite tune. She let me film her on one of the takes. I inter-cut some B-Roll wherever I was too shaky holding the cam. There is no color correction on the shots of Raven singing - straight off the camera. I'm also an audio engineer, so it sounds a little more produced than your average karaoke tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B3M75kubeA&feature=related

I'm very happy I went for it with this camera. I think it would have been a compromise to get a Panny P2 type camera.

Chadfish

Fohdeesha
08-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Awesome that you got it! Happy for you man, it's a great feeling isn't it. And excellent videos. Keep making more, master that cam!

Chadfish
08-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah man I got it! I still almost can't believe it. I watched a lot of your stuff too. Great work. Did your cam survive that spill off the motorcycle unscathed?

Now my problem is getting enough media to handle long form jobs. I have a Hoodman 16gig SDHC that I don't trust quite yet, and an 8gig SXS. I really need at least 2 32 gig SxS due to the nature of some of my jobs. Anyway - it's really fun connecting the cam to my HDTV and seeing the full quality of the footage. I don't have Blueray yet, so off the cam is the only way so far.

Chadfish

Fohdeesha
08-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks! Yeah, came off perfect, besides a tiny little chip under the viewfinder, a place I never see. And yeah, the sdhc cards are nice, got a 16gig right when all the kxs hype was being born and its lasted me ever since without a single problem. But for real work youre right, going with sxs is the best choice.

And also, I see you're on final cut. I know theres a way to send a final edit back to the camera for playback on the cam/whatever its hooked up to, its an option somewhere in xdcam transfer. When I read about it, there was a 4 minute clip limit, but that was a while ago so hopefully that's been fixed. Google around and lemme know what you find!

Chadfish
08-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Cool you can do the equivalent of "Print to Tape"! That's a good way to view a finished work. I'll have to check that out. Thanks man.

C

cheezweezl
08-22-2009, 12:38 AM
if u want to see your edits on that big 46" sony, get a blackmagic intensity pro card. they are dirt cheap at $189 and you can monitor realtime 1080p via hdmi.

i have a 25' hdmi cable running from my mac pro to my 42" plasma in the next room. then i run screen sharing on my macbook pro to control the mac pro over wifi from the sofa in front of the tv. pretty awesome way to monitor and impress clients with my mysterious wireless hd editing system...

Chadfish
08-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Good ideal cheezweezl!