PDA

View Full Version : Gleichschaltung

jeffabbyschneider
08-16-2009, 11:02 PM
thanks for the feedback everybody looking forward to the next fest this is great fun .
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/3829280724_574c6c6906_b.jpg

Anthony Pierce
08-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the fest Jeff.

Rodney V. Smith
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Welcome dude.
Why don't you just post the image directly to the thread? It's very easy.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/3829280724_574c6c6906.jpg

jeffabbyschneider
08-16-2009, 11:16 PM
how do i do that?

Anthony Pierce
08-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Welcome dude.
Why don't you just post the image directly to the thread? It's very easy.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/3829280724_574c6c6906.jpg

Rodney's the man!

Rodney V. Smith
08-16-2009, 11:19 PM
how do i do that?

You have tools all around you. The textarea where you type your reply has basic controls so you can embed images, movies from motionbox, even format your font. Take some time and play around with it. Look at the other threads as well and see how they've set their threads up.

Welcome to DVXUser.

jeffabbyschneider
08-16-2009, 11:22 PM
nevermind! got it!! i was using the wrong image link from flickr! quick question though... tony said we should st up a reserve thread how do we do that
\

Cassius
08-16-2009, 11:38 PM
It means making a thread, like this, and replying multiple times with 'reserved' spaces, allowing you to update those posts with different information. I'm not sure why people do that instead of compiling it all into the first post.

Rodney V. Smith
08-17-2009, 12:22 AM
It means making a thread, like this, and replying multiple times with 'reserved' spaces, allowing you to update those posts with different information. I'm not sure why people do that instead of compiling it all into the first post.

Wrong place to discuss this, but here goes:
posts are limited to the number of characters. while some posts can go on at great length, after a while you have literally run out of words. I believe there may be a 5000 word limit on it or something like that.

Also images are limited to only 9 per post.

Multiple "replies allow most thread starters the chance to compile all of the information about the film in the first 3-4 postings on tha page. Not everyone wants to sit down and read through all 6-10 pages of an average thread in order to link all of the information together.

Don't knock the system: it's one that was developed for a reason and it works.

TMerry
08-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Nice Poster Jeff, the image of the guys really pops! The swastika is almost subliminal
Welcome to the contest!

MrFluffy
08-17-2009, 11:16 AM
But what does it mean?

Michael Anthony Horrigan
08-17-2009, 11:18 AM
But what does it mean?Google is your friend...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleichschaltung

Susanne G.
08-17-2009, 12:07 PM
What is your idea with this german word?

Susanne

ZazaCast
08-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the fest...can't wait to see what type of monster is in this one.

jeffabbyschneider
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Welcome to the fest...can't wait to see what type of monster is in this one.

Thank you ZaZa,just finished in the next day or two looking forward to seeing your entry.

Chris_Keaton
10-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Just saw that eye trick with a Star of David for the new 'Anne Frank' movie, so that makes yours more creepy.

The_Happy_Haole
10-18-2009, 11:40 PM
That is a very nice touch with the eye. I missed it on the first pass.

jeffabbyschneider
10-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Just saw that eye trick with a Star of David for the new 'Anne Frank' movie, so that makes yours more creepy.

Thanks , creepy is our goal looking forward to seeing your movie.

jeffabbyschneider
10-20-2009, 12:51 AM
That is a very nice touch with the eye. I missed it on the first pass.

sweet thanks lokking forward to seeing everybodys hard work

jeffabbyschneider
10-20-2009, 12:54 AM
What is your idea with this german word?

Susanne

it means "bringing into line "its the system the nazis used to control the masses during world war II

jeffabbyschneider
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
ready to be submitted whats i figure out how to compress down my file size it is 1.28 gb right now and i guess it needs to be 50 mb

TMerry
11-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I watched your film last night. Too bad you got DQd down to exhibition only. I guess because you didn't follow the rules when it came to the description of a Monster and that It could not be a monsterous person, but had to be a physical monster. My monster is borderline too, and so I checked with the mods before filming my short to make sure. I thought your film was well made and acted, Jeff, and I loved the mood and color grading that it had. You should consider submitting this to other film festivals.

Good work!

Chris_Keaton
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
This got DQd, because the monster was a person, but Trapped didn't. Bummer. I would love to tell you what I think about this, but I still can't view it with my Quicktime.

TMerry
11-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Chris, I think Trapped got around the requirement by having someone dressed as a monster, or perceive as one, for a time. Trying viewing it through iTunes.

Edgen
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
I can see why it was DQ'd... It was a pity. I was hoping they were going to feed the kids to the wolves, hordes, or/and starving vampires. Something crazy spooky and perhaps offworldly.

I liked the film however. Great performances and very promising. I'd like to see an extended version of this film if possible...

thanks for entering!
/j

Jason Ramsey
11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
This got DQd, because the monster was a person, but Trapped didn't. Bummer. I would love to tell you what I think about this, but I still can't view it with my Quicktime.

we tried to be as lenient as possible in several cases when we had to, in the end the clear violations had to be exhibition only.

In the case of "Trapped" the "monster" was kind of along the lines of the - psychosis of the main characters mind... it did manifest itself in a physical form, and that person believed fully that it was a real monster. under that portion of the rules we decided to tentatively approve "trapped"....

In this case, we just couldn't see anything in the rules to allow it for competition b/c there is a portion of the rules that clearly prohibit this interpretation of monster, for this particular fest. It's not to say we don't think certain bad people are monsters (as stated in the rules), but for this fest, we were looking for something different. "Trapped" would likely be an example of the bare minimum acceptable for this fest in terms of the monster requirement. physical manifestation of some sort to the main character who fully believes it is a monster.

It is a shame when we have to dq someone from competition for something like this when they put in their time just like everyone else.. Particularly when there are sometimes other films that we sometimes wish would never see the light of day on this site :)

ramsaur
11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
EDIT: sorry, didn't understand this so I need to go back and re watch, i'll come back for reviews. sorry it got DQ'd. Hope to see your next films though.

Charli
11-02-2009, 05:22 PM
I would have saved this for a 'drama' fest of sorts. I think you knew going in this was going to be a stretch for the festival, but nonetheless, it was heart wrenching.

BTW, nitpick, cross-my-heart is an 'X' over the heart, not the crossing of the body as a Catholic would do. Maybe you meant it that way, as a blessing before their demise.

Chris_Keaton
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
This would certainly fit a drama fest. It was a touching piece. Even though she was the 'monster', but she seemed conflicted which makes her less of a monster.

jeffabbyschneider
11-02-2009, 10:52 PM
thank you man my wi fi sucks i am still trying to see everyone elses let me know if you need any help with future projects

jeffabbyschneider
11-02-2009, 10:55 PM
thank you I have a 12 minute version i am submitting to the vail film festival I am still working on the sound once it is done i would love to hear your feedback

jeffabbyschneider
11-02-2009, 11:00 PM
I appreciate your view point and I think its great what you guys do I posted on my face book that the rules were clear and it was my fault for not following the rules. I am so appreciative for the feedback I have gotten and cant wait for the next fest I will be sure to pay attention to the rules this time : ) once again thanks for the site and the feedback

jeffabbyschneider
11-02-2009, 11:03 PM
I would like to say I meant to do that because what you thought of is really cool but we just shot it that way and I thought it was correct , thank you so much for the feedback and for watching it

jeffabbyschneider
11-02-2009, 11:05 PM
This would certainly fit a drama fest. It was a touching piece. Even though she was the 'monster', but she seemed conflicted which makes her less of a monster.
the goal was to have the audience have to decide if she was aproduct of her enviroment or an evil person and more to the point at what point is someone responsible I was shooting for half saying it does not matter you reep what you soe and half saying oh that poor girl its not her fault

lawriejaffa
11-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Riiiight well this is an ambitious film - i mean i take my hat off for attempting to discuss something important - namely genocide.

However this film is a little sporadic to its own detriment. We have peculiar clunky 3d titles, that lead us to a voice over conversation, with a casual simplistic conversation about killing jews etc. With peculiar freeze shots of the guy who works in everybodies office called Dave (and who always looks like that mouth agape on Tuesday mornings when he discovers in the communal fridge, that all his bio-yoghurt and top secret biscuit stache) have been TAKEN!

TAKEN By THE NAZIS!

*ahem*

Yes anyway its all a bit too easy. I don't think even the Nazi's rationalised genocide so simply, and it makes your film appear naive to do so. Better to hint at it perhaps.

We have two kids, who have 'shared there culture' - i can only liken this to the experiments made on children at a variety of institutes in nazi germany etc (tests where kids were seperated, intereviewed, trained/educated to decide whether certain types of race could be assimilated into society or allowed to exist with sterilisation.) - incidentally the conclusions were no - they'd couldnt so the children were 'exterminated' ie murdered.

Naturally this is not a historical drama, but an American metaphor your making. So what is the allegory then? While our lady gives a snow globe - and we have officially the longest snow globe rolling shot EVER in cinema (it beats Citizen Kane's...)

We are still left with the question? What is the point! Are you suggesting this is happening in America - or that it might if a certain thing should happen um... as it stands its really not enough to stick that statistic at the end and expect us to derive deep meaning from it. We need more.

So mon amie id love to hear more of your thoughts behind the film.