PDA

View Full Version : Black Hare - Lawrie Brewster Film

lawriejaffa
08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Black Hare will be one of the most disturbing films any of you have ever seen.

lawriejaffa
08-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Poster!

http://www.newagemedia.co.uk/Poster1.jpg

lawriejaffa
08-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Updates 2

ZazaCast
08-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I thought "Empire" was the most disturbing film I've ever seen...so this should be...WOW! :grin:

Michael Anthony Horrigan
08-04-2009, 01:31 PM
I thought "Empire" was the most disturbing film I've ever seen...so this should be...WOW! :grin:Ditto!
This should be good. Best of luck.

RodThompson
08-04-2009, 01:38 PM
As long as there is no snow to block the picture I'll be stoked. :P

lawriejaffa
08-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Jeez Rod no - i was thinking of adding some grindhouse in post ;)

chriscurl
08-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Zing!

lawriejaffa
08-04-2009, 03:13 PM
http://www.newagemedia.co.uk/friendy.jpg

~jai~
08-04-2009, 08:34 PM

Hmmm... I am intrigued! Can't wait to be "disturbed"!!! :thumbsup:

RodThompson
08-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Jeez Rod no - i was thinking of adding some grindhouse in post ;)

Also remember, when you realize you don't have enough actors for the full film, cut a nonessential scene and apply a "Tasty Treats" sign! :D

Brian Parker
08-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Nice to see you back man! Ominous title...looking forward to it!

Susanne G.
08-06-2009, 02:21 PM

Oh, I am sure it will be disturbing - 'to disturb' is going to be your sign :D

Much luck and I am looking very much forward to your film.

Susanne

Shawn Philip Nelson
08-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Will I need to be completely wasted for this to make sense? :-)

haha, just poking at ya man, i enjoyed Empire, even though it didn't make a lick of sense.

I shouldnt throw stones, most people complain that my entries dont make sense either. Thus my entry this time around is a pretty big depature, should make perfect sense (although I thought that about Aetas, lol)

Rodney V. Smith
08-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Mr Brewster: I regret to inform you that you are currently infringing on the property of the Sosumi Corporation, by use of the term "disturbing" and the title "Black Hare". Just to round things out we've also taken the liberty of copyrighting the name "Lawrie" and "Brewster" so we'll also be suing your pants off. Hopefully this lawsuit will stop you from making any other creative endeavours in the field of film and we at Sosumi Corp can stop having nightmares of a little boy with a drawn on moustache crying "mummy" in odd looking snow...

Thank you and have a good day.

Puck The Mad ESQ
Sosumi Corporation
1-800-YURSUED

Puckthesane
08-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah, bitch...you just got served!...papers.

Tim Joy
08-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Alright! Now it's a crazy fest.

Go easy on him Rodney, he's still young, and we haven't seen those video reviews yet. :)

lawriejaffa
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Yep!

I should add that mine will also be a musical tralalalalalala

That should add to the prettyness of it all!

Yep, really mines is really looking at how monstrous a monster can be, at quite a few levels. Not sure If I'll actually make this an animation or a film - or a combination!

Rodney V. Smith
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Do we have to listen to you sing? Good God! Is there no end to it?

lawriejaffa
08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
You know what Rodney ;) You just might!

mattspat
08-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I thought "Empire" was the most disturbing film I've ever seen...so this should be...WOW! :grin:

hahahaha! Oh Zaza...

lawriejaffa
08-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Basically - I want to really explore this idea of a monster!

Not in the psychological human context ie the serial killer who is 'like a monster' by his actions. But a monster as defined by what is trully monstrous.

What would the montrous monster be like - what would be the most monstrous activities.

There will be plenty of fun monster films! But i want to really explore the idea of what a monster is - and to stretch my own imagination to create the most horrible terrifying monster possible. At least to try!

Thats the challenge im setting myself!

ZazaCast
08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
hahahaha! Oh Zaza...

What'd I do now?:huh:

Rodney V. Smith
08-07-2009, 03:15 PM
doh! I am hoist by my own petard! arghhhh!!!!

Brian P. McQuilkin
08-07-2009, 06:14 PM

Not in the psychological human context ie the serial killer who is 'like a monster' by his actions. But a monster as defined by what is trully monstrous.

What would the montrous monster be like - what would be the most monstrous activities.

There will be plenty of fun monster films! But i want to really explore the idea of what a monster is - and to stretch my own imagination to create the most horrible terrifying monster possible. At least to try!

Ah, but defined by what standards? What is monstrous to one person might be regarded as heroic by another. Kill 100,000 residents of Hiroshima in a few seconds, with disregard to man, woman, child, civilian, or soldier, and they have parades in NYC for you (this example is only to make the above point, so please don't regard it as an opinion concerning the use of the bomb). Is there any activity that is truly universally monstrous (without involving children, because come on...no one with a soul would be able to watch anything that goes there)? Even someone who strangles kittens is celebrated by the mice. I have a feeling that this is what you are turning over in your head right now, Mr. Brewster, and I hope you articulate this inner dialogue in these posts much as you did for Empire. And while we are not dealing with the "human" monster, we are reflecting our own fears in the physical embodiment, psychology, and actions of whatever monster we've selected to feature in our movie.

Of course, the scariest thing that I can think of, the most soulless and unpredictable of all creatures, is a sober Scotsman. With a camera. :grin:

conrad_johnson
08-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Ah, but defined by what standards?

As defined by these standards: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=178808

:thumbsup:

lawriejaffa
08-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Of course, the scariest thing that I can think of, the most soulless and unpredictable of all creatures, is a sober Scotsman. With a camera.

You know thats actually quite true, and i'll be happy to confirm that for you soon enough.

I think you make an excellent point, on the subjective nature of what is monstrous, yep Conrade cites the rules - and im glad that they are defined in so much that they are focussing on 'monsters' as there seemed to be a general consensus that serial killers who are like monsters (type films) would be a wee bit tiring.

As we know monsters are the creations of our own fears/subconscious/ etc as applied into tale or myth (unless you believe that certain monsters exist... i say why not...) In anycase you make the point yourself with children.

That is - we all have a point - a line we can't cross where for us as a personal individual - what is monstrous becomes real. Yet neither would it be effective if it was just for example disgusting without the emotional and psychological elements entwined.

I think - my film will aim to be less a film about a monster, than to be itself a monster, with character, with personality and the stuff of nightmares perhaps my own.

Brian P. McQuilkin
08-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I think - my film will aim to be less a film about a monster, than to be itself a monster, with character, with personality and the stuff of nightmares perhaps my own.

In that case, you could just submit the video from my wedding. I'd be more than happy to send you footage.

I am very intrigued to this idea of yours come to fruition -- a movie that is in itself the monster. Sort of an "art" film inspired by the cries of the damned? Cries of the Damned. I'll have to remember that one. Anyway...I'm truly looking forward to seeing this one. Maybe not as much as I anticipated viewing Miss Laid, but still very excited about it nonetheless.

Brian P. McQuilkin
08-08-2009, 08:31 PM
As defined by these standards: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=178808

:thumbsup:

That thread defines a monster for the purposes of the contest, but doesn't address the issue of what constitutes monstrous activities. It is the subject of activities that are monstrous that is worth discussion with regards to their subjective nature and standards, especially the exploration of what is considered "truly" monstrous and whether there is any activity can be described as universally monstrous.

Noel Evans
08-09-2009, 05:08 PM
and to stretch my own imagination to create the most horrible terrifying monster possible. At least to try!

Will be interested to see what comes out of your brain and vomits itself over your script.

lyonfilms
08-09-2009, 06:23 PM
http://www.newagemedia.co.uk/friendy.jpg

Yep. I'm excited.

Christian Halberg
08-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Killer bunny rabbits that sing and dance.
It sounds absolutely magnificent! :D

Luis_
08-10-2009, 07:07 PM

I want, I want!!!

Chris_Keaton
08-14-2009, 10:32 AM

More than 'Empire'? Will it be an existential view of a clown’s fear of rabbits played by claymation vegetables?

lawriejaffa
08-14-2009, 11:52 AM
No need to be such a bitch Chris - if you want my lipstick you need only ask hehe ;)

Chris_Keaton
08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
No need to be such a bitch Chris - if you want my lipstick you need only ask hehe ;)

:shocked: What? I offer a super fantastic idea and I'm verbally assaulted. I'm aghast! :grin:

TMerry
08-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I needed this post after a long week, thanks everyone :-)))

And looking forward to your film lawriejaffa. I have to go and find Empire
after all this talk.

I'm a Nuke Id on the block and this is my first year here in competition.
Nuek Id,... I kind like that.

best!
-Tommy

lawriejaffa
08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey there TMerry hehe, yep Empire won the Creative Vision award and certainly wasnt a conventional entry. You can download it from www.dvxfest.com (http://www.dvxfest.com) by logging in with your name and password for this forum. Go to the Quest Fest link, and you will be able to download all the entries there.

Im updating the whole sound track, with an even fancier version of Leo's and Sarah's music too - all new fx and voice acting, which will be uploaded eventually to be seen here too Terry.

TMerry
08-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey there TMerry hehe, yep Empire won the Creative Vision award and certainly wasnt a conventional entry. You can download it from www.dvxfest.com (http://www.dvxfest.com) by logging in with your name and password for this forum. Go to the Quest Fest link, and you will be able to download all the entries there.

Im updating the whole sound track, with an even fancier version of Leo's and Sarah's music too - all new fx and voice acting, which will be uploaded eventually to be seen here too Terry.

I've been trying for several days to visit the site but it always says
"Site Temporarily Unavailable" :-(

Marlon Ladd
08-19-2009, 09:54 AM

I think there are so many different ways you can go with this and I think that's what makes this festival a good one to enter. There are so many different perspectives in this world that it makes the concept of creating a monster about as unlimited as ones own imagination. I already have one film and script written that I'm going to shoot for this, but the ideas keep coming and if time allows, I may end up with two entries. Good luck with it, Lawrie!

lawriejaffa
08-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the encouragement gentleman.

Yep soon im about to start my musings once more, as i did for Empire - discussing the concepts and ideas I am attempting to explore with this film. Expect the fiiiiirst essay as it were tomorrow :)

Lawsuit_Boy
08-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I've seen some truly disturbing films...let's see if you can push over that edge!

Looking forward to your next cinematic venture, Lawrie. :beer:

lawriejaffa
08-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Righto gents sorry for the lack of updates! But we do have a wee poster now!!! To get the unique vibe of this film across! Some shuffling behind the scenes, as im looking to explore a new story idea behind this monsters concept, as i wonder now if my original ideas for this film were a little sensationalist you know! So updates coming soon!!!

http://www.newagemedia.co.uk/Poster1.jpg

ZazaCast
08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Oh my.....

Gord.T
08-30-2009, 05:47 PM
I learned a new word a couple weeks ago and meant to mention it. After seeing this poster I feel compelled...Bodachs. (http://www.magick7.com/ghosts/Bodachs.htm) I have a Dean Koontz novel here and I understand he's familiar with that word.

I've never been afraid of the Easter Bunny before but after seeing that poster, I might start. :beer:

Sprocketboy
08-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Cannibalism and a bunny. Bring it on. That poster has 100% Bauhaus quality to it. Superb.

Chris_Keaton
08-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Cannibalism and a bunny. Bring it on. That poster has 100% Bauhaus quality to it. Superb.

I guess you are talking about the gothic rock band Bauhaus and not the German art style. Believe me the conversations I've had with old people when I'm wearing my Bauhaus t-shirts.

The poster reminds me of that famous painting of Hell. What was the name of that painting, Lawrie?

Sprocketboy
08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
The Bauhaus I'm talking about is the pre-WWII art school in Berlin which fostered modernism in design whether it be painting, fonts, sculpture, advertisement and architecture. Hitler hated that school and closed it down.

The painting could be reminding you of the 'Gates of Hell' sculpture by Rodin in Philadelphia, PA. It really worth a look.

Chris_Keaton
08-30-2009, 11:00 PM
The painting could be reminding you of the 'Gates of Hell' sculpture by Rodin in Philadelphia, PA. It really worth a look.

That's the one, with a bunny. ooh that sounds horrifying.

The Bauhaus I'm talking about is the pre-WWII art school in Berlin which fostered modernism in design whether it be painting, fonts, sculpture, advertisement and architecture. Hitler hated that school and closed it down.

Hahaha, that's what the old guy said when he saw my t-shirt. I don't think it took him too long to realize his error.

teresadecher
08-31-2009, 02:33 AM
Your poster is out of control haha! Definitely looks disturbing, but I like it. Who did the artwork?

ZazaCast
08-31-2009, 07:19 AM
The Bauhaus I'm talking about is the pre-WWII art school in Berlin which fostered modernism in design whether it be painting, fonts, sculpture, advertisement and architecture. Hitler hated that school and closed it down...

...while Bowie's "Putting Out Fire With Gasoline" played in the background!:grin:

lawriejaffa
08-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Yep!!! But the challenge is to express the concept i have in a coherent story - im working on version 2 - but sometimes its great if you have such a vivid intellectual/creative idea despite the lack of narrative er consensus as it were.

So i shall be indulging in the services of a writer to assist me!!

Zaza, hehe I know I know!!! It is pretty er charming! But nice song suggestion you gotta love David Bowie!

Raptor - that is indeed a scary faerie!!! And it isnt i dont think a million miles from what im looking atm.

Yep Sprocket Boy it does have an element of that to the poster! You can imagine it plastered on a run down theatre in the twilight year of the Weimer Republic.

Chris yep the idea is to make the bunny a character a little different to the monsters out there! Er we'll see how that goes!!

Teresa - twas meeeee!!! I had overdosed on too many cans of Dr Pepper Zero (and really is it even possible to overdose on er Zero range beverages!)

Sprocketboy
08-31-2009, 08:10 PM
ZaZa is on a roll! :)

lawriejaffa
09-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Posted too on dvxCafe!!!! Fear not gents (though not strictly related to the Black Hare) that film is coming along nicely! But if we shall segue into another topic briefly!!! hehe

Yep!!! This is it - i am on a search for a remarkable lady from the dvxuser forum!!! Admittedly my specifications may not be too accomodating but i know she's out there somewhere!!! The most amaaaazing lady in the world!

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=183996

Yes gentleman!!! So it begins! Let's hope i get a response!!!

Chris_Keaton
09-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Oh my God! Were you hitting on me? :grin:

ZazaCast
09-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Lawrie...you REALLY need to get out more.

lawriejaffa
09-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Awe hey Zaza i know my vids missing a girl in a hotel room with a paper bag but its still all good - all fun - perfect investment of time hehehe ;)

(and yep im expecting a ribbing!) But meh to that! hehehe!

Susanne G.
09-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Posted too on dvxCafe!!!! Fear not gents (though not strictly related to the Black Hare) that film is coming along nicely! But if we shall segue into another topic briefly!!! hehe

Yep!!! This is it - i am on a search for a remarkable lady from the dvxuser forum!!! Admittedly my specifications may not be too accomodating but i know she's out there somewhere!!! The most amaaaazing lady in the world!

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=183996

Yes gentleman!!! So it begins! Let's hope i get a response!!!

You know exactly what you expect and it isn't that little - What can you offer?

Susanne

Just for curiosity - I am not interest in it . I am much older than 26 and I already have a fantastic husband.

lawriejaffa
09-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Aweee thanks Susanne well i've taken your advice!

Behold this slightly longer video! That shares the wonders and magic that is me!!! Which i hope can entice the lovely lady i'm searching for!!!!

It can be viewed here at the link!
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=183996 (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=183996)

Susanne G.
09-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Well, you forgot your biggest quality of all - courage!

DarkElastic
09-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Insanity!!!

Horncastle
09-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Great poster, Lawrie. It reminds me of the work of an Italian artist friend of mine - Marco Fantini. Have a look at his website, you might like it. http://www.marcofantini.org

Jason

lawriejaffa
09-20-2009, 05:44 PM
And now the big question!
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=183996&page=3 (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=183996)

lawriejaffa
09-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Hello everyone!!!

Righto well back to the updates!!

So we now have an actor cast for the Black Hare, hurrah! Our shooting day will be on the 10th of October, with some mild pre-graphics done beforehand to save us time in the edit.

By technical standards this is quite a simple film (relatively speaking) yet the ideas behind it are indeed epic, and quite terrifying if i may so myself.

I have not written the script - Sarah Daly has, and she has actually managed to out-creep even me.... yes me... with a work of such sinister relish that i had to go hide behind with my cat behind the sofa!!

Yet not creepy without some very clever ideas going on. The Black Hare as a scary critter is actually an idea i had ages ago as a film student etc, but all i had was my concept. You may recall earlier me posting that i was re-evaluating the story etc well basically i couldn't nail the right expression for this idea.

Finally Sarah discussed with me ideas, and we got what i think is a very simple and effective premise. But what this Black Hare has to say to the world i think hehe, is among Sarah's best work to date.

So more updates to come soon. I won't go into the same level of detail about the philisophy behind this film, as i think with this particular film it will be more fun to discuss it etc.

But more updates shall come!

TMerry
09-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Looking forward to it Lawrie. Sarah Daly? Cool, a fellow MoviePoet writer.

Looking forward to your approach of your "Monster", sounds like its going
to be more of a psychological approach to one. Is my assumption correct?

-Tommy

Hello everyone!!!

Righto well back to the updates!!

So we now have an actor cast for the Black Hare, hurrah! Our shooting day will be on the 10th of October, with some mild pre-graphics done beforehand to save us time in the edit.

By technical standards this is quite a simple film (relatively speaking) yet the ideas behind it are indeed epic, and quite terrifying if i may so myself.

I have not written the script - Sarah Daly has, and she has actually managed to out-creep even me.... yes me... with a work of such sinister relish that i had to go hide behind with my cat behind the sofa!!

Yet not creepy without some very clever ideas going on. The Black Hare as a scary critter is actually an idea i had ages ago as a film student etc, but all i had was my concept. You may recall earlier me posting that i was re-evaluating the story etc well basically i couldn't nail the right expression for this idea.

Finally Sarah discussed with me ideas, and we got what i think is a very simple and effective premise. But what this Black Hare has to say to the world i think hehe, is among Sarah's best work to date.

So more updates to come soon. I won't go into the same level of detail about the philisophy behind this film, as i think with this particular film it will be more fun to discuss it etc.

But more updates shall come!

Chris_Keaton
09-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey, another Sarah Daly masterpiece! :thumbup: Awesome.

Lawrie, I may be your nemesis, but I merely shuck off your plottings. Sarah is my true nemesis! :angry: Arghh!!! :grin: Just kidding, Lawrie you'll always have a special place in my cockles. :evil:

Sarah Daly
09-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey, another Sarah Daly masterpiece! :thumbup: Awesome.

Lawrie, I may be your nemesis, but I merely shuck off your plottings. Sarah is my true nemesis! :angry: Arghh!!! :grin: Just kidding, Lawrie you'll always have a special place in my cockles. :evil:

Hehe and you will feel my wrath, Keaton! :)

ZazaCast
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Hehe and you will feel my wrath, Keaton! :)

WHAT? Another connection? I thought Lawrie was the only one 'Feeling your wrath'! :huh:

:grin:

lawriejaffa
09-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Sarah helps out when im exhausted being Keatings nemesis - we tag in! - Thats right, we double teamed Keation!

ZazaCast
09-29-2009, 03:51 PM
thats right, we double teamed keation!

oh! ...now there's a film just beggin' to be made!

Sarah Daly
09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
oh! ...now there's a film just beggin' to be made!

I never signed up for this...

ZazaCast
09-29-2009, 05:24 PM

God bless you Sarah Daly! LMAO.:grin:

Rodney V. Smith
09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Let the shenanigans begin...

Chris_Keaton
09-29-2009, 06:06 PM

You never really sign up for these things. It all starts out innocent enough and then you wake up next to a sheep covered in chocolate sauce wearing latex. Ask Lawrie.

lawriejaffa
09-29-2009, 06:17 PM
He's right!

Sarah Daly
09-30-2009, 06:15 AM
You never really sign up for these things. It all starts out innocent enough and then you wake up next to a sheep covered in chocolate sauce wearing latex. Ask Lawrie.

He said I was the only one!

The chocolate sauce was good though...

Marlon Ladd
09-30-2009, 07:43 AM

Lol! Wtf??

lawriejaffa
10-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Time for an update to the Black Hare!

Righto you will recall with Empire my epic logs and essays (that were beloved by all) etc etc.

Well this time i'm not working with my own script but Sarah's, based on the concept for the Black Hare and to express what I wanted to talk about really in the film.

You see every monster as we know, is (unless you take any to literally exist) are manifestations of the subconscious, mostly of our fears, personal, social, religious - you name it. As beasties on this planet we manage to find a lot to be scared about.

With the Black Hare, i wanted to explore a concept based on the idea that in spirit, what we are and the impact we can have - as living things, is somewhat more balanced, than it first appears in the physical realm.

This can have troubling consequences. I also want to explore the 'alien' perspective' that of the monster's. That is not to presume we are lending a humanised sympathetic perspective to the creature - but again something genuinely alien. Quite possible i think, even within the realm of hop hoppity mammals.

Now Empire, was quite intense - it was shot by myself and edited within 3 weeks (and god knows im still intending to tweak it further.) This film as a matter of effects and production is going to be a lot simpler.

Its style of cinematography will (i think as of this moment) will for the most part be natural, (even in amidst the most unnatural of circumstances.) It will be simplistic almost, lending itself to a kind of neo-classical look (of those posed paintings) and then just locking at that - remaining.

What makes it interesting will of course be the action within this long almost single scene film, and the sweet poetry as it were, of this 'alien perspective'.

If it works, then it should be a memorable, somewhat disturbing and orginal film, that utilises a simple 1 day shoot and easy enough production (to me a personally, it is an 180' alternative to Empire in production style) though not necessarily in the kind of thematic impression.

Chris_Keaton
10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
You speak of monsters as manifestations of the subconscious. I do believe that these are the most horrible type of monsters. This is why 'Gothic' is one of my favorite 'horror' films. These type of films are often hard to pull off, but I know Sarah can do it for sure. Even if you are fiming it. :)

It certainly sounds intriguing. I can't wait to see it.

ZazaCast
10-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm just hoping to understand it!

Sprocketboy
10-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Lawrie, you are a mad scientist of filmmaking.

Rodney V. Smith
10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Lawrie, you are a mad scientist of filmmaking.

The understatement of the year... about the "mad" part...

lawriejaffa
10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Its ironic you saying that as when i was at university i was considered (back in the day i'm 28) as i think something of a genre junkie hehe so it just goes to show.

Personally i love lots of genre films, and id still identify many of mine with genre, but with what id consider to be innovative elements. Which personally i think is essential really for any indy / low budget producer making a genre film anyway.

Or a way better example actually than the first one posted, a horror movie drama promo sneak peak i shot over a day sometime last year in Spring.

http://exposureroom.com/members/lawriejaffa.aspx/assets/8cdabbd819e349e9900df64a9bc684da/

(In case anyone is wondering hvx200+brevis)

Chris_Keaton
10-06-2009, 08:38 PM
That was pretty good Lawrie. I am disappointed there wasn't a single Sasquatch in it. But the Russian accents were great.
The creepy ghost was well creepy, the sound effects great. There was also some good performances. Why was it you did this again?

lawriejaffa
10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey Chris, basically it was a demo for a production company wanting to see some short examples of work from a script we were negotiating to produce basically as a very low budget film. In anycase it didn't get off the ground unfortunately because of the expected cost of doing the movie as a full feature. Its definately a project i hope to produce eventually but if not with another company funding with mine, then it would have to wait a bit.

xxrotinivol2
10-20-2009, 02:19 AM
I'd like to think all soldiers in WWII pontificated about political ideology. Looks fun. Good luck with the $$$.

ZazaCast
10-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Anything on the Black Hare? Are you going to make it in?

lawriejaffa
10-29-2009, 04:01 AM
Hey there Zaza! Yep Black Hare will be available to view, but unfortunately not by the deadline of the competition (nor would it be under six minutes.)

The great thing is that the script for this film is just brilliant, one of the best i've read for ages and so this is quite intentional to keep it back to make sure the work meets its full potential.

Fortunately im still involved in the production of another entry 'Rusalka' and ill deffo be producing an annoying audio feedback thread!

Chris_Keaton
10-29-2009, 06:36 AM
I can't wait to see it, especially knowing it was written my a genius and not some crazy man that paints mustachios on children! Bwahahaha

Can't wait to be lambasted in your audio.

Om Nom Nom
10-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Wow, I'm really curious to see what you guys came up with, considering the different approach you're taking. I think that's my favorite thing about this Fest - seeing how everyone interprets a "monster"

Marlon Ladd
10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Too bad you won't make it, Lawrie, but hopefully you'll be able to get this one done soon so we can checked it out. You've definitely got my interest peaked. Also glad to see you'll be doing your usual film critiques. I was wondering about that.

ZazaCast
10-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey there Zaza! Yep Black Hare will be available to view, but unfortunately not by the deadline of the competition (nor would it be under six minutes.)

:embarasse:embarasse Bummer....

The great thing is that the script for this film is just brilliant, one of the best i've read for ages and so this is quite intentional to keep it back to make sure the work meets its full potential.
This is a good thing as long as Keaton didn't have anything to do with it!:happy:
(he has small hands and smells of cabbage)

Fortunately im still involved in the production of another entry 'Rusalka' and ill deffo be producing an annoying audio feedback thread!

Make sure you lovebirds don't get any of your 'private' footage mixed in with the actual footage from the film....could be embarrassing... or very interesting!
Hummmmm.....

Luis_
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Not to put any pressure on you or anything but I definitely still would like to see this.
Is it gone for ever or do we still have a little hope?

lawriejaffa
11-16-2009, 03:45 AM
You have definate hope - its for certain getting made - Sarah wrote a cracking script for it, one of my favourite short scripts i've ever read in fact. So i'd be nuts not to produce it. When its done i'll post a thread for it - and with bts wip if folks are interested.

But if you want something to check out if your bored hehe - see my Empire Redux thread, for the final version of Empire which i entered into Questfest.