PDA

View Full Version : Scriptfest V - Monsterfest

Isaac_Brody
07-31-2009, 09:31 PM
DVXUSER.COM PRESENTS SCRIPTFEST 5 – V

****MONSTERFEST****

Horror allows you to look at the nastiness of the world, and accept it.
Understand that it's as natural as beauty, perhaps more so.
The monster is the ultimate outcast, the ultimate imperfection.
There are no apologies from monsters. -Guillermo Del Toro

Scene requirement: You must have a monster. Consult DVXfest monster requirements here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=178808 (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=178808)
Length: 6 pages
Dates: August 1st – September 6th
* Scripts submitted for Scriptfest are eligible for use in regular DVXfests
* Upload details will be announced at the end of the writing period.
* Scripts should be in PDF form.
* One submission per person.

:Drogar-Love(DBG)::Drogar-Love(DBG)::Drogar-Love(DBG)::Drogar-Love(DBG)::Drogar-Love(DBG)::Drogar-Love(DBG)::Drogar-Love(DBG)::Drogar-Love(DBG):

Chris_Keaton
07-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Rock On!

Let the monster out!

Noel Evans
08-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Oh, I had a pretty good idea rolling around for Monsterfest. Might have to get one done.

Nektonic
08-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Nice one Isaac. Tying this into the other MonsterFest ftw!!! Seriously though, a great idea that should be the standard from now on. Although, I'm betting the competition is going to be fierce, since not only will there be the usual suspects entering scripts, but all those that are doing a film as well. Gotta make it hard on us huh? :grin::thumbup:

So can we enter one script for the scriptfest portion, but use a different one for the filmmaking portion of MonsterFest?

Watch out monsters, I'm armed and I'm dangerous! :kali: :zombie_smiley::zombie_smiley::zombie_smiley: :violent5::zombie_smiley::zombie_smiley::badputer:

And if I run out of ammo, I'll throw old CRT monitors at you wretched foul fiends!!!!

Jason Ramsey
08-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Yes, you may.

ScriptFest and DVXFest stand alone. Though, this is an opportunity for hopefully some good work to come out of ScriptFest that some filmmakers might want to take and produce for MonsterFest.

later,
jason

arroway
08-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Awesome!

I'm in!

Nektonic
08-01-2009, 01:56 AM
ScriptFest and DVXFest stand alone. Though, this is an opportunity for hopefully some good work to come out of ScriptFest that some filmmakers might want to take and produce for MonsterFest.

Sounds great. Although, I don't know if I would rather have my monsterfest film be a total surprise by not having the script entered in scriptfest. Then again, it could build some anticipation if the script is really good.

Hmmm..... decisions must be made.

DarkElastic
08-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Wow... I'll have to get my thinking cap on!!!

Chris_Keaton
08-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Sounds great. Although, I don't know if I would rather have my monsterfest film be a total surprise by not having the script entered in scriptfest. Then again, it could build some anticipation if the script is really good.

Hmmm..... decisions must be made.

Damn! You are right. Gotta think.

Robbie Comeau
08-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Sorry if I'm being completely dumb here, but how does this tie in for Monsterfest, when the video deadline is in october. Shouldn't this one be done in a month so the filmmakers have time to produce the script?

Robbie

Chris_Keaton
08-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah, maybe submit all scripts in 2 weeks and then vote the next week?

Jason Ramsey
08-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Sorry if I'm being completely dumb here, but how does this tie in for Monsterfest, when the video deadline is in october. Shouldn't this one be done in a month so the filmmakers have time to produce the script?

Robbie

This one is done in a month, and that leaves almost two months for the deadline of monsterfest. It's not a requirement or anything. But, a lot of people also don't get started on their dvxfest projects the moment the fest begins. but, if you guys all want a shorter time, then maybe isaac will be willing to do that... I think a month from now though you are likely to find more people searching for a script, or thinking that they would get involved if they had a script.

later,
Jason

Noel Evans
08-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Agreed and remember even if voting hasnt started you can still pitch youre script to would be film makers.

allieminute
08-01-2009, 03:44 PM
only 6 pages? or 6-10??

Michael Anthony Horrigan
08-01-2009, 08:35 PM
* One submission per person.

Just curious, why just one?

The regular DVXuser film Fests have a limit of two, and there's much more work involved in getting a film finished when compared to just the script.

I do agree that there should be a limit, I'm just inquiring as to why it's lower than MonsterFest (short film version).

No big deal either way. I'm sure there's probably a good reason that I'm just not seeing.

Thanks,

Mike

Jason Ramsey
08-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Isaac can probably speak for himself better, but looking at the past scriptfests, they typically had a 6-8 week run time, where as this one is about 4.

More realistically though, I would think he wanted to place the emphasis on quality rather than quantity this time around.

You know how we like to mix things up and see what works and what doesn't :)

later,
Jaosn

Michael Anthony Horrigan
08-01-2009, 08:45 PM
More realistically though, I would think he wanted to place the emphasis on quality rather than quantity this time around.

I agree with that 100%
Should have put that together.

Can't wait to see what comes out of this Fest. Hopefully we'll see some of the scripts make it on to the screen. :thumbup:

majikfraug
08-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Plus, there's nothing that says you can't write it and make the movie before voting ends on Scriptfest. Monsterfest viewing doesn't begin until Halloween anyway...

Brandon Rice
08-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Looking forward to entering!

Isaac_Brody
08-03-2009, 10:49 AM
One script only because i think better quality comes out of people focusing on one instead of many.

As for the amount of time for writing, there's no reason why you can't cast and preproduce at the same time as you write/rewrite.

I recommend submitting the script you'll produce. I don't think it will spoil the viewing process later. Realistically not everyone reads all the scripts, and you'll have a big leg up on those producing scripts without feedback because you'll have the advantage of workshop criticism.

Troy Ruff
08-03-2009, 12:33 PM
One script only because i think better quality comes out of people focusing on one instead of many.

As for the amount of time for writing, there's no reason why you can't cast and preproduce at the same time as you write/rewrite.

I recommend submitting the script you'll produce. I don't think it will spoil the viewing process later. Realistically not everyone reads all the scripts, and you'll have a big leg up on those producing scripts without feedback because you'll have the advantage of workshop criticism.

I agree, sounds great! This will be my first script submission so I hope to get some good feedback. :) bad or good. Im open

Michael Anthony Horrigan
08-03-2009, 05:48 PM

Couldn't agree more.
I've suggested that same strategy to members in the short film festivals here as well.

Noel Evans
08-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Got my outline done tonight. Time for the filler :)

BenConner
08-07-2009, 05:34 AM
Wow. I'm semi-new here, and these fests sound amazing. Thanks for organizing these guys! :beer: "Monster" films definitely aren't my genre of choice, but I'll see what I can get together. I'll see you all at the finish line!

jmoschner
08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm new and have a few questions:
Is it 6 pages Plus title page or 6 pages Including title page?
Is it ok to post rough drafts of script for feedback before submission and if so where may one do that?

Thank you.

Nektonic
08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm not a mod, but I've participated in 3 of the 4 scriptfests.

Is it 6 pages Plus title page or 6 pages Including title page?

6 pages of script, plus a title page. So if you have 7 pages but one is your title page you're all good.

Is it ok to post rough drafts of script for feedback before submission and if so where may one do that?

Nope. That could get you disqualified.

The whole point of the scriptfests is that you submit your script, make a thread for your script, and then in your thread others can give you feedback. You don't really win any prizes, because it is more about learning and improving your own work by discussing it with others, in addition to being exposed to their work as well. I like to approach it as a sort of workshop more so than a competition.

You'll get tons of feedback too, as long as you make a thread and participate by reading, voting, and giving feedback to the other participants' screenplays.

jmoschner
08-07-2009, 01:09 PM
6 pages of script, plus a title page. So if you have 7 pages but one is your title page you're all good.

Cool, thanks. The thing I cranked out this morning came in at 6 plus title page so I should be good.

The whole point of the scriptfests is that you submit your script, make a thread for your script, and then in your thread others can give you feedback.
ok cool. thanks.

Mike Manning
08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Why does it have to be 6 pages? The minute-per-page rule doesn't really work with shorts...

Nektonic
08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Why does it have to be 6 pages? The minute-per-page rule doesn't really work with shorts...

I don't know, but them's the rules. I would guess that they don't want a bunch of 15+ page scripts, which would make it difficult for everyone to read and vote on them all in a week.

Mike Manning
08-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I guess... it just seems weird that I would be able to use the screenplay for my video entry, but not for a script entry....

TimCollins
08-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Count me in on this one.

Let the brainstorming begin.

Captain Pierce
08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
I guess... it just seems weird that I would be able to use the screenplay for my video entry, but not for a script entry....

It's all about arbitrary limits... Just as you can't judge a video entry by how many pages its script was, you can't judge a script entry by how many minutes it would be once shot.

And I would think, although I have never shot anything, that what you say about the "one minute per page" rule not applying to shorts could work both ways. One person's six-minute short might be seven pages while another's might be five.

Chris_Keaton
08-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Page limits are the industry norm for time limits. I don't see this as an issue.

Chris_Keaton
08-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Alright, this is a good thing, the script I wrote for this contest got grabbed for the film fest. The next one I decided on submitting this morning just got grabbed. What to submit? Any requests?

I like this kind of dillema.

DarkElastic
08-11-2009, 12:16 PM
We should just call it 'Chris Keaton's MonsterFest'

Chris_Keaton
08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
We should just call it 'Chris Keaton's MonsterFest'

That would great. :thumbsup: But there will be a lot of entries this time around.

Tim Aucoin
08-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi there I just joined. I'm wondering if there's a prerequisite for new members for submitting, ie a certain number of posts or submissions.
Also, the only requirement for the script is that it contains a monster and that's it right?

Chris_Keaton
08-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi there I just joined. I'm wondering if there's a prerequisite for new members for submitting, ie a certain number of posts or submissions.
Also, the only requirement for the script is that it contains a monster and that's it right?

No prerequisites, when it's time to submit you just submit. For requirements check out the MonsterFest rules thread.

Tim Aucoin
08-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Thank you.

DarkElastic
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
I don't think you have to have posted a certain number for submitting an entry, but when it comes to voting I am sure you have to have had over 50 posts.

Chris_Keaton
08-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't think you have to have posted a certain number for submitting an entry, but when it comes to voting I am sure you have to have had over 50 posts.

Nope. If you've submitted you can vote.

Troy Ruff
08-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Where do we submit them? Im ready :)

Charli
08-24-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm ready too. I didn't read the part where it stated that upload would be known after the 6th, but I can't see why we can't send them in advance, it's just pages in .pdf form.

arroway
09-02-2009, 10:18 PM
My script is still too long. Gah!

Time to gas up the ole chainsaw and kill my darlings!

Tim Joy
09-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Yeah- Any idea when the upload will start/end? It would be nice to know so we can plan around holiday activities.

Charli
09-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Do you know when you think you are finished, and then you look over your script and realized it's really not finished, and then you do a tweak here and there?

Well, I said I was polished but now I am really polished there is nothing more to do with the story -- Oh yeah.

I do not know if anyone will want to film it because it is not traditional monster story as most are going for the Halloween type story.

This is however a story about what one person calls normal another is known as a freak of nature so I hope that when I upload the script you guys will enjoy the story line.

DarkElastic
09-06-2009, 08:05 AM
OK, so it's September the 6th and no link... I was hoping to get mine in this morning, as it's going to be a busy day for me today. Let's hope it stays open late!

Chris_Keaton
09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I haven't even decided what script to submit.

Charli
09-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Chris, if you have two scripts, heads for one, tails for another, flip a coin and your decision will be based on what side of the coin you WANT to fall. Submit that one.

Charli
09-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I bet they forgot this was a holiday weekend and we will be uploading on Tuesday.

Tim Joy
09-06-2009, 07:08 PM
My script is still too long. Gah!

Time to gas up the ole chainsaw and kill my darlings!

Ha! Yeah. I'm at the point where it's exactly 6 pages so anything I want to add, somethings gotta go. Killing darlings is no fun, but oh well...:violin:

REHov520
09-07-2009, 09:41 AM
anyone know what the dealio is with submissions? I thought it was supposed to go up yesterday.

Charli
09-07-2009, 11:09 AM
It's a holiday weekend so I bet tomorrow.

Tim Joy
09-07-2009, 01:42 PM
keep tweaking it!

Isaac_Brody
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Holiday weekend just got back. Tomorrow. Take advantage of last minutes to tweak.

seansshack
09-08-2009, 11:59 PM
S^&T been on holidays and busy, so missed this.

When is the last day for upload?

Isaac_Brody
09-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Thursday, there's still time to throw something together.

seansshack
09-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Thursday? aaahhhhhhhhhh.

I'm on it. Thanks Isaac.

seansshack
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
is that end of day Thursday (your time)?

seansshack
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
OK typing like a crazy man.

Can you enter an adapted script if you have the rights to it?

seansshack
09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
damn might have typed that wrong.

A screenplay based on a short story written by some one else (if you own the rights to adapt the original story)

Isaac_Brody
09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Yes

bwind22
09-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Damn, horror is right up my alley. Is it too late to enter a script for this? I think I missed the deadline. Or scripts still being accepted?

I guess I need to check in to this site more frequently. I completely missed the boat on this one. I had no idea it was even going on until Rusty sent me an email a couple days ago.

DarkElastic
09-17-2009, 02:50 PM
This scriptfest has definately not been as successful as past ones, both in participant numbers and people reading and reviewing... There is still time, I know, but you can almost feel the disinterest this time around... Why do you think that is?
Maybe, doing two seperate Fests side by side doesn't work, as people are too busy doing their films?

arroway
09-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I agree with your assessment and what is especially funny about it is these scripts are significantly shorter than previous fests and yet don't seem to be getting read as much. You would think more people would have an easier time reading twenty 6 page scripts than they would thirty 10 page scripts...but apparently not.

This contest ends on the 24th of this month. Monsterfest entails having to film and edit by the 30th of next month. It seems to me that there should have been a lot more time between these two dates. Sadly, I don't think there will be much (if any) collaboration between monster-themed scriptfest and monster-themed filmfest.

IMO, the script is the most important part of a movie. I realize this is primarily a camera-related community but it never ceases to amaze how (lets be honest) the scriptfests are so relatively unpopular with this forum's users who by and large seem more disposed to blather on about the intricacies of various codecs rather than discussing actual content.

In the future, I think the scriptfest should end before the filmfest begins and I think they should always have the same theme/rules so as to better encourage not only a lengthier period of development that focuses as much on story as it does on filming but also on the creation of scripts that wouldn't require potential directors to also be recent lottery winners.

It would be interesting if there was some kind of benefit to using a script from the scriptfest for your film. I'm not sure what exactly, but I think there should be one. Top Billing? A special category of prizes unavailable to the rest? Something...

seansshack
09-18-2009, 12:04 AM
I've been saying it for a while. The script fest should feed the movie fest.

It would be the ultimate "work together" and help people make use of each other's skills.

You looking for a script for the upcoming fest in a couple of months? Why not check out the writers in the script fest.

If they get made, it's prize enough + the film makers get a chance to work with some great writers.

I agree the script is the foundation of any film. You start with a poor story and you will end with a poor film.

This way the script fest will be less about winning the fest and more about pitching you script. Make it your best and put it on display for the film makers.

Let's work together to make great films......

kennethhurd
09-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Well, for those who are shooting their scriptfest script, we're getting some good feedback to help improve the script before shooting.

seansshack
09-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, for those who are shooting their scriptfest script, we're getting some good feedback to help improve the script before shooting.

Fair point. Would just like to see writers and directors working together.

jmoschner
09-18-2009, 10:19 AM
This scriptfest has definately not been as successful as past ones, both in participant numbers and people reading and reviewing... There is still time, I know, but you can almost feel the disinterest this time around... Why do you think that is?
I think maybe it is part to people being busy with real life (I only had time to do a first draft) as real life distractions seem to come and go.

Maybe, doing two seperate Fests side by side doesn't work, as people are too busy doing their films?
This is pure speculation on my part, but it could also be that the people doing films do not want their movies "spoiled" by releasing the script ahead of time.

I like what others have suggested of the script fest first then then movie one.

Perhaps next time the script fest should come first then have the top 3-5 scripts as the ones the filmmakers have to pick from to use. Given the same source material it would be interesting to see just how different a take/voice they can give the words.

This would make it more like a pitch to get your movie made, but have more than 1 script made so the viewers get some variety. Just an idea may not work in the real world though.

arroway
09-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Perhaps next time the script fest should come first then have the top 3-5 scripts as the ones the filmmakers have to pick from to use. Given the same source material it would be interesting to see just how different a take/voice they can give the words.

That would be interesting. Or if people think that's too strict, perhaps limit it to a choice of any of the the scriptfest entries. If that were the case I bet there would be A LOT more scripts entered. And the writers would be naturally incentivized to write something a number of directors could feasibly film. win win.

mookid
09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I think you are overreacting a bit. Viewing of scripts began very late on monday. Most people simply didnt find the time to read everything during the week.
I agree with the intervall discussion though. A bit more time between viewing of scripts and the monsterfest deadline wouldn't hurt.

DarkElastic
09-18-2009, 12:55 PM
I think you are overreacting a bit. Viewing of scripts began very late on monday. Most people simply didnt find the time to read everything during the week.

Not really Moonkid. This is my third scriptfest now and it has never been this slow, and in the past fests there was a lot more activity on the threads than this. Most of the time it is dead... I agree, there is more time, but I can't see there being a massive surge of interest.

Captain Pierce
09-18-2009, 03:16 PM
It's been suggested all the way to the first ScriptFest that things be more tightly integrated, as they were this time; I can't exactly say that this first attempt was a success. :) I'm pretty sure this is the lowest number of entries ever, which of course is then affecting the number of reads, because pretty much nobody who didn't enter bothers to read.

I think that jmoschner is right that people don't want their scripts read ahead of time; another factor that I think will keep a ScriptFest on a particular theme ever preceding a MovieFest on the same them is that the admins here don't want the next theme telegraphed. I mean, really, if you know what the theme is going to be, there's nothing keeping you from just going ahead and starting your entry early even if the MovieFest rules says you can't start shooting until after the ScriptFest ends. I mean, we kind of have to face the fact that the MovieFests are seen as the most important of the fests, and all the other ones are just kind of secondary. I say this with no bitterness, I want to point out; the MovieFests have been going on a lot longer than anything else and I'm sure they attract more new people to the site than any of the others. And let's face it, this is "The online community for filmmaking," or so it says at the top of my Firefox window; yeah, scripts are a part of filmmaking, but only a part, and the ultimate goal, I think, is to get movies made, not just scripts, so the site is probably always going to be "biased" in that direction.

arroway mentions incentivizing the writers to "write something a number of directors could feasibly film." This is another thing that's been debated ever since the first ScriptFest: should we be writing the best script we can, and not worrying about getting it shot, or should we just go all out, balls to the wall, and write the craziest freakin' thing we can think of? :) One problem I see with making feasibility a requirement (and I know that's not exactly what you're saying, arroway) is defining what's "feasible" for the average DVXUser. Or maybe for the below-average DVXUser :); there's a wide range of entrants to the MovieFests, with a wide range of available resources.

Obviously I have no answers. :D

arroway
09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
It's been suggested all the way to the first ScriptFest that things be more tightly integrated, as they were this time; I can't exactly say that this first attempt was a success. :)

Very true. My opinion is the integration wasn't successful for two reasons: because the dates were too close and because integration wasn't a requirement. I believe for integration to be successful it NEEDS to be mandated because --

I think that jmoschner is right that people don't want their scripts read ahead of time

-- I believe THIS is also true.

Which is ridiculous when you consider the relative quality of most of the filmfest scripts (IMO). While there have definitely been some great projects filmed, I personally haven't seen a single filmfest entry that couldn't have benefited (at least a little bit) by some feedback at the script-stage.

another factor that I think will keep a ScriptFest on a particular theme ever preceding a MovieFest on the same them is that the admins here don't want the next theme telegraphed. I mean, really, if you know what the theme is going to be, there's nothing keeping you from just going ahead and starting your entry early even if the MovieFest rules says you can't start shooting until after the ScriptFest ends.

If the entries have to be filmed with scriptfest scripts there could only be a possible 1 month (illegal) head start, right? Surely the benefits of script development outweigh a few dishonest people starting early with the pre-feedback rough drafts?

One problem I see with making feasibility a requirement (and I know that's not exactly what you're saying, arroway) is defining what's "feasible" for the average DVXUser. Or maybe for the below-average DVXUser :); there's a wide range of entrants to the MovieFests, with a wide range of available resources.

You wouldn't have to make it a requirement. If filmfest had to use scriptfest entries and the script writers actually wanted their scripts to be filmed they would naturally HAVE TO make them cheap/easy enough for directors to want to take on. The writers of the "michael bay short scripts" would still receive helpful feedback but obviously would probably NOT get to see their script filmed. It would be a natural incentive, not a requirement, to keep it "feasible".

...IMO

Captain Pierce
09-18-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't disagree with you on pretty much of any of that, but... I think we're up against an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality with regards to the MovieFests. If they're the priority, and they're successful in the number of entrants, I don't know that the admins are going to change their structure somewhat radically just to help the ScriptFests.

I dont know how to say this without potentially pissing off some people, but... has anybody ever done the math of what percentage of MovieFest scripts are written by the director? I haven't, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's somewhere between 50 and 75. And I'm not saying that there's automatically something wrong with that; in the momentary lapses of reason I have where I actually think I could make a movie for a Fest, I'm certainly not thinking about doing somebody else's script. :) So you're going to radically change the nature of the MovieFest by doing this, and I have to wonder if it wouldn't affect the MovieFest participation in the same way that this seems to have affected the ScriptFest turnout.

The writers of the "michael bay short scripts" would still receive helpful feedback but obviously would probably NOT get to see their script filmed.

Nicely put. :D Still... look, I think a lot of us who are "only" writers would love to see someone make one of our scripts. (Well, at least those of us who haven't had that happen, which I'm guessing is most of us except for the few who can have multiple scripts in a Fest somehow.) I know I've tried for several Fests now to find a home for a script, and admittedly I don't do a good job of selling them, but it really seems that most scripts that are advertised in the collaboration don't find a home. So, even if you don't make it an official requirement for the ScriptFest, it becomes an unofficial one, so you might as well make it official.

arroway
09-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Captain, I feel like were the only people who showed up to the party!

It would seem the indifference extends not just to the scripts but to scriptfest's own possible reform. :grin:

Dvxuser could truly be the pioneer in community-developed short films if they wanted to. As far as I know, that doesn't exist anywhere else on the internet. Such wasted potential...

seansshack
09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
also tried pitching a few to the moviefest guys. no takers or reads... ho hum.

arroway
09-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Don't take it too hard, I doubt there's anyone still looking for a script this late in the game.

Noel Evans
09-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Hey all, first post in awhile. Busy my end. Only got 1 rough version done of mine :( Anyway, its there and came up pretty interesting. So one to shoot in the future me thinks. Going to get down and read everyones scripts... someday soon I hope.

seansshack
09-23-2009, 02:57 AM
managed to read and rate em all - but down with a viral dose at the moment, so reviews are slow....

Bridget D.
09-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Sorry I totally missed this scriptfest...this is the first time in months I've checked this site. Guess I better start reading, even if I can't vote.

Chris_Keaton
09-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I think everyone missed it. Even the mods.

alveraz
10-15-2009, 08:58 PM
How did I miss this! I even posted like 5 times in the script forum asking when the next one was so I could join. Ugh. I'll check back in for the next one I guess :)

bwind22
11-23-2009, 04:34 PM
When will the next ScriptFest be announced?

Isaac_Brody
11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Tomorrow

bwind22
11-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Really? Sweet!

bwind22
11-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Were you just jerking my chain?

Jason Ramsey
11-24-2009, 06:17 PM
no, he wasn't.

Isaac_Brody
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Patience, a couple more hours won't kill you.

bwind22
11-24-2009, 07:38 PM
haha. Sorry. I'm not trying to be a pest.

I am a member on a horror forum and a half dozen people per week ask for help identifying some poorly described movie they saw 20 years ago and the standby answer from any of the forum regulars is always 'The Gate'. It's just kind of an unfunny inside joke for the forum regulars and I thought that might be the case here. Glad it's not. I'm looking forward to throwing my hat in the ring on this one.

:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)