PDA

View Full Version : HPX300 rebate or financing promotions

Barry_Green
07-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Panasonic USA has announced a three-option promotion for new purchases of the HPX300.

Buy a new HPX300 from an authorized USA dealer between July 27 and October 31st and you can choose from one of three incentive packages, either:

1) an $800 cash rebate, or

2) 0% financing for 24 months. This requires a 25% down payment. Or,

3) a 3.99% lease for 24 months, with zero down payment and no payments due for 90 days.

For full details, contact your authorized Panasonic USA reseller.

David Saraceno
07-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Wow

Is a 16 GB card thrown in?

:)

dangerd
07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow,
So glad I bought mine early. Then the price dropped by $1000 and now they are giving a $800 rebate too? Any way us early buyers can get in on that deal?
Guess it pays to wait!

Happy for people who buy now and get the camera for $1800 less than I paid but hey Panasonic why don't you try rewarding the people who are first to buy your product?

At least the camera itself is very nice.

steadicamsteel
07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
This sucks, especially being based in the UK.

ZazaCast
07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Wow,
So glad I bought mine early. Then the price dropped by $1000 and now they are giving a $800 rebate too?

Haven't you made that $1800 back yet? ...and if not, did you need a camera of this level? Just asking... wondering who's shooting what with these cameras.

Lez
08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I've just worked out that here in Oz they want $12,650 for the camera..

which on today's exchange rate is about $10,600US...

B&H have it listed for $8495 less $800 = $7695US

I think I'll have to cancel my SMPTE order...

$3000US price difference is to big a gap...

My heart says buy.. but common sense tells me to wait...

Also we've got no cards from Panny Oz till end of August so might as well wait till the SMPTE effect has worn off...

Cheers

Barry_Green
08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Be aware that the Aus version is PAL/50Hz, and the USA version is NTSC/60Hz.

Lez
08-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks Barry... I'm just pointing out that there seems to be a huge price difference...

I'm ready to buy now... cash available... but 3k is a huge difference...

I'm not sure how they set their pricing related to exchange rates.. but the $AUS is going up quickly...

Cheers

PS.. I can't see how or why Pal would be more expensive than NTSC

Lez
08-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Panasonic USA has announced a three-option promotion for new purchases of the HPX300.

Buy a new HPX300 from an authorized USA dealer between July 27 and October 31st and you can choose from one of three incentive packages, either:

1) an $800 cash rebate, or

2) 0% financing for 24 months. This requires a 25% down payment. Or,

3) a 3.99% lease for 24 months, with zero down payment and no payments due for 90 days.

For full details, contact your authorized Panasonic USA reseller.

Barry... do you know of any link I can show to our Australian reps...???

Cheers

David Saraceno
08-03-2009, 07:16 PM
http://www.fullcompass.com/common/rebates/856-4.pdf

Not a direct link to Panasonic, but there is the rebate coupon.

Barry_Green
08-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Barry... do you know of any link I can show to our Australian reps...???

Cheers
Remember that this is a deal that is offered by Panasonic USA. No other territory is obligated to offer anything similar. They can match this deal, or offer a better deal, or a different deal, or ignore it entirely.

Each country has their own Panasonic sales office, and that local sales office determines selling prices and promotions for their own territory. What one office does has no bearing on what any other office does. *

*officially. Of course we know that if pricing gets too disparate, buyers may be tempted to import a unit from another territory, as has been discussed in this thread.

Barry_Green
08-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm just pointing out that if you're expecting to buy a unit that works with your country's television system... you don't want a USA unit. What's the point of saving $3,000 if you can't actually use the product to produce footage that can be shown or broadcast anywhere in your country? Now... if you don't intend your footage to be seen on television, if you're strictly producing for the web or for USA distribution, or if you'd actually prefer 24p over 25p, those might be legit reasons to prefer the US unit over the Aus unit. But if it's for TV work, frankly it'd be silly to get the USA one for an Aus user.

Inherently, it shouldn't be. But tax laws can have a huge impact on pricing, as can weird anti-competition laws such as the European Union's tax on imported video recorders, etc. So Australia may have a significant VAT or some other tax that is driving up the price, as compared to a country like the USA that doesn't have any sort of VAT.

Or it may be down to simple currency exchange rates.

Or it may be that it costs more, per unit, for Australia to support their customers. They've got a country that's physically as large as the USA, but with a total staff of like four or six in the broadcast division, who have to fly constantly to serve the entire country. Maybe their per-unit support costs are a lot higher, so they need to charge more, I don't know. Point is, there are many potential reasons for the pricing to vary significantly from country to country.

Lez
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for you detailed replies...

I just feel that it kinda sucks that we're always left behind... nothing in our TAX system that would drive up the price that much... and the AUD is going through the roof... at .84c to $1US

I've ordered one but kinda feel ripped off before I've even got it...

Kinda makes a mockery of a Global company offering deals in different territories based on demand.. next they'll ask extra because Canberra is not the size of Sydney...

We can't even buy P2 cards here.. all sold out... (means there must be demand)...

Sorry just my 2c...

shapna
08-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Thanks Barry... I'm just pointing out that there seems to be a huge price difference...

I'm not sure how they set their pricing related to exchange rates.. but the $AUS is going up quickly...

Cheers

hey you are right 3k diference is a lot

you could buy a Sachtler tripod, 2 "E" series 16 cards and two anton bower battery, itīs a lottttttttttttttttttttttt of money. if i may i would like to make a suggestion, im from Argentina, and i bought the hpx 300 here (because of the guaranty) but i compared the prices of the accesories (tripod, memory, etc) and i made a difference of 3k in just the accesories. So you know what i did?? i pay a ticket straight to New York for 10 days in a 4 stars hotel, and buy the stuff. And Guess what? i came back to argentina saving money, XD. So happy. New York ( such a beatifull city, Sob Sob... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: missing it already)

By the way i went to ABEL CINE TECH, they are much better than BH in customer service. they even mach BH prices and they give a discount.
PM me if you want more information about this.

Ok, i have my Full HPX-300, so good:thumbsup:, so happy:grin:, sorry guys sometimes i wake up and i think im touching heaven.

Lez
08-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Good on you... I wish I could get the NTSC version.... but I'm stuck in Pal land...

Would probably still be worth getting and paying for the conversion to switchable...

I'd still be in front...

Unfortunately I've already ordered one and will live with the feeling I could have done much better...

I've already forked out $515 for a battery package from Global media...

And as you know the list keeps going...

I'm just hoping it will be worth it in the long run.. and most importantly Panasonic does not come out with new pricing/special deals etc... just after I buy it...

Got caught badly with the original 202 and 8 gig cards at $2500 each...

Cheers

Ps.. hope your enjoying the camera...

shapna
08-04-2009, 08:21 AM
hi

sorry to hear that, i will say for sure, you will not regret getting the camera, its so beatifull.

but if you are planing on buying all the assesories all at once, think about going to the states, its more cheaper, some times... not sure where are you or what are the prices there.

anyway. good luck and like everyone told me, dont worry about if the camera gets cheaper, if yoyu need it, just buy it.

cheers.

MDKfilms
08-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I would like to know why here in Canada we don't get these amazing rebates and free cards and all that other stuff that you guys in the US seem to get all the time? Can't Jan call up her Canadian equivalent and suggest that they offer the same here? After all we are joined at the hip. Once again when I buy it will probably be from a US store but since I live in Canada I can't apply for that rebate. Good god this forum was started by a Canadian, shouldn't that be worth something?k

Barry_Green
08-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Jan is responsible for the USA, and only the USA. Jan's counterpart up in Canada is empowered to make whatever promotions or marketing decisions he feels is best for Canada. PanCan is very much aware of what Panasonic USA does, and vice versa. If you want to see certain promotions or other offers made available in Canada, you'd have to ask Panasonic Canada for that.

Lez
08-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I feel your pain also Doug... here in Oz we're getting no specials like in the US..

I ordered the camera 3 weeks ago and still waiting ( I believe it will turn up on Thursday)..

Batteries were shipped from New Zealand in 2 days, Tripod plate from Hong Kong .. 1 week..

200kms from Sydney... 3 weeks for a camera ???

The call from Panny Australia is because our government has a business stimulus package (50% take deduction) there will be no other deals... we have a 10% GST and in theory we also get that back... so camera costs $11.700 aus + 10% GST = $ 12 870 aus or $10 600 US..

Big difference...

Was very tempted to get on a flight and pick one up in the States get it converted so it's switchable PAL/NTSC ... and pick up a few cards to boot... but don't see how I could claim the stimulus so that plan went out the window...

Anyhow looking forward to finally get my hands on a new toy... should be interesting...

Knowing my luck 1 month later they'll throw in a 16gb card to sweeten the deal..

Cheers

videomagician
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Anyone actually received their rebate check yet?

mountainmedia
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Not yet. I sent for mine on September 4th - so it's been almost 8 weeks. They said to allow 8-10 I believe, so hopefully by mid November for me...

I'll post when I receive it.

videomagician
10-30-2009, 11:55 AM
I just looked up my copy and I mailed mine the same day (9/4.)

videomagician
10-31-2009, 04:27 PM
My rebate check came in today. Looked a little like junk mail from "The Advertising Checking Bureau, Inc."

Thanks Panasonic!

mountainmedia
11-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Got my rebate check today - thanks Panasonic! :)

sussadimp
11-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Got my rebate check today - thanks Panasonic! :)
Good work !
Very cool, looking great so far. Keep going, I wanna see it finished!