PDA

View Full Version : What Is Everyone Using For Batteries? LCD in Bright Light

David Saraceno
07-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Just wondering if the Hytron and Diconix are still preferrred or whether other brands and no names are being used?

Second question:

Are you using the battery menu controls to set the battery?

or does it make a difference?

Finally, what approach when using the LCD in bright light? A hood, or other suggestion?

thanks

Jan_Crittenden
07-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi David,

You can also use an IDX battery either with a dedicated plate or you cn buy one that mounts to the AB plate so that you can go either way. The Anton Bauer batteries are called Dionic which are Lithium Ion and the HyTRON is Nickle Metal Hydride. The HyTRONs can be flown in the baggage hold area but are little heavier. But if you have to get a couple days worth of batteries somewhere in a hurry the HyTRON is the easiest to get there.

A hood is used in bright light to help the viewer see the LCD.

Best,

Jan

hotchkiss
07-19-2009, 07:40 AM
I went the batteries4broadcast.com route, I'm very happy. As for the second question, I have a Cinetactics LCD hood, but I don't really use it unless I'm shooting in a locked down position outside.

David Saraceno
07-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Thank you.

Second question: how are you setting up the batteries4broadcast Diconix 90 clone in the battery menu with the HVX300?

Are a Diconix 90? Doesn't show voltage then in the LCD?

Cees Mutsaers
07-19-2009, 11:38 AM
like Jan said theye are called Dionic

Thank you.

Second question: how are you setting up the batteries4broadcast Diconix 90 clone in the battery menu with the HVX300?

Are a Diconix 90? Doesn't show voltage then in the LCD?

David Saraceno
07-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Sorry -- Dionic.